Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Glass in the Garden

Posted by paul_in_mn 4b (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 16, 14 at 19:34

My Daughter took me to the Mn Landscape Arboretum for Father's Day. I usually take an uber amount of Hosta and Garden pics.....but a little different this time. Each year they have a theme through out the gardens.....this year, was the "Nature in Glass: The Wonders of Craig Mitchell Smith". I added a link below hope you enjoy.

I tried to get a description onto each pic, if it doesn't show....move cursor over pic and click show info it will turn titles on or off.....sorry, best I could figure out using flickr.
DSC01819

Paul

...and here's a link to Exhibit Page
http://www.arboretum.umn.edu/NatureInGlass.aspx

Here is a link that might be useful: Nature in Glass

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Glass in the Garden

These are absolutely FANTASTIC! The Hydrangea! The Dandelion! Wow. The pics are great, can only imagine seeing these in person, what a great outing!

o

Oh My! The poppies! The blue things hanging in the spruce trees! The flock of butterflies! Thank you for posting this.

o

• Posted by bragu 5a DSM (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 16, 14 at 21:31

so, did they have any of this art … for sale?

so nice!

o

Oooo, glass hosta!

Don B.

o

Sweet silica sensations.

Thanks.

tj

o

WOW....pics are great, Thank you for posting .

o

Thank you so much!

o

These are amazing. So glad you posted them for us to enjoy! Bragu, even if they were for sale, I have a feeling they would cost a decades worth of garden budget. :)

o

Thanks for posting. The glass is spectacular and very well presented.

bk

o

What talent and artistic ability this demonstrates! Unbelievable! Thanks for taking the time to share it with us.

o

• Posted by bragu 5a DSM (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 18, 14 at 19:01

bump for those who may have missed ....

o

Usually when you go to a garden or arboretum you do not want to see what many places exhibit as 'art'. These are truly art works and blend in and enhance nature, which isn't easy.

Very nice.

o

Wow - spectacular! Years ago I saw a Chihuly exhibit at the Atlanta Botanical Garden that this reminds me of. I see he had an exhibit at the Desert Botanical Garden that just ended as well. Thanks so much for sharing these pics from your visit, Paul!

Here is a link that might be useful: Chihuly

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here