10 years ago

Next to the ?

• mommomsgarden
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hostas in NJ! Feedback?

• bkay2000
    10 years ago

You need to experiment with your phone so you can turn it correctly to get your photo straight. Either that, or use Windows photo viewer to turn them before you post them.

That makes my neck hurt.

bk

• hosta_freak
    10 years ago

Mommom,you need to know how to use a camera,or turn the pics before you post them! The first and last pics are Undulata mediovariegata;the other two may be Lancifolia. Phil

• paul_in_mn
    10 years ago

Welcome to the forum. Green is likely Undulata Erromena.

Phil, her garden is steeper than yours.

Paul

• mommomsgarden
    Original Author
    10 years ago

That's odd. On my iphone they are right side up! I don't turn them at all. I wonder why it's doing that. They all look straight to me...,

• paul_in_mn
    10 years ago

Appears to be an Iphone problem....try taking photo in landscape mode...reading online, that should display correctly.

Paul

• coll_123
    10 years ago

The pics are right side up viewed on my iPad. I have a devil of a time getting my photos oriented correctly when I load the to photobucket. I use my digital camera and my PC to edit my pics, and when I upload to photobucket, it frequently turns the vertical ones sideways.

• mmarnold
    10 years ago

I have the same problem.I take a photo with my I pad they look fine to me and then I upload them and everyone's necks hurt!Not sure what to do?

• beverlymnz4
    10 years ago

Your hostas look healthy. Hint to others: turn your computer. For example, I have a laptop so I turned it to book orientation. The white centered undulatas are greening up because they are in shade, if they were in sun they would be turning brown. Green is better than brown.

I love the hedge of green undulatas in the third photo. It looks like a lot of work, well done. I like mass plantings of green hosta in general. But you realize that to a hosta collector that looks like the outline of the area you are going to fill with a collection of various other hosta.

Wellcome to the forum. If you need suggestions for those other hosta just let me know.

Beverly

• jadie88
    10 years ago

It took me a couple tries to figure out the photo thing too...It is difficult to get it right when it shows up differently for others than for you!

Beautiful place you have there! Watch out around here, you may find yourself filling every square inch with beautiful hostas you never even knew existed. :)

• mommomsgarden
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Beverly! I was thinking of putting a border up where the grass meets the soil! Can't wait to try!

• mommomsgarden
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Pretty!

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    10 years ago

There are scripting issue with pix throughout the internet these days, mainly with smart devices but not restricted to them. The devices are smart enough to know which way is up, but various entities are not. Even using a regular digital camera I will orient them properly on my computer, pick the ones I want and send them to Photo Bucket, then re-orient them properly in PB because it isn't smart enough, and even then, I sometimes need to save them a second time in PB to get them to come out properly here.

tj

• dg
    10 years ago

right click on photo in post
    emailed image to myself
    saved to folder
    righted photo in folder
    posted it here

Did the same to the next photo

• dg
    10 years ago

pretty row of hosta

• mosswitch
    10 years ago

If I hold my Galaxy Tab vertically when I take pictures, they come out sideways when I post them. If I hold it horizontally, they come out right. Don't have a clue if ipads work that way though.

Sandy

• hostafreak
    10 years ago

I may be a dumb old man,but you all should try using a REAL camera,instead of those new-fangled I-pods, cell phone cameras,and the like. They are not cameras,and you will never see a pro photoghapher using an I-pod,to shoot sports photos. The best those devices are is a snapshot camera,and not that good at any rate. Jus MHO! As far as uploading your pics to the forum,Even I have to make vertical photos from my camera,to be upright before I post them,so they appear correctly Phil

• User
    10 years ago

Yep, I was having too much of a learning curve with Photobucket. It wasn't worth the trouble when I could do it easier with Flickr. Camera devices keep changing, the web keeps changing, and all is not compatible nor easy like it was before things got "smart."

I lost two of my album sites, TinyPic bought up by Photobucket, and American Greetings bought and closed down Webshots. THAT was a big loss! All the folks with albums I'd followed for years migrated to Flickr where they have a Webshots alumni group, and I keep up with them...from all over Europe and South America...on there.

• mosswitch
    10 years ago

I usually only take pictures with my Galaxy tablet when I don't have my camera, which is in the shop getting fixed (I hope, 3rd time in as many months!) and also if I want to post just one picture and do it while I am standing there looking at it. Otherwise I use the real camera. And I'm planning on getting a new one in the near future that doesn't have to be sent in for repairs all the time!

Sandy

This post was edited by mosswitch on Fri, Jun 28, 13 at 19:44