Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
MidWest convention

Posted by glosgarden 7b (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 12, 13 at 20:20

Hello all,
A couple of friends and I will be drivIng from Mississippi, just south of Memphis, to the MidWest convention in Illinois in July and would like to know about nuseries we will be close enough to that we might stop by. Also interested in any that would be within driving distance will we are at the convention. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks, Gloria

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: MidWest convention

I'd like to tag along on this thread. I'll be driving from Bloomington Indiana to Lisle Illinois for the MidWest convention. I would like to know about any nurseries in Indiana as I will be helping my niece landscape her new-to-her home and we would like something to do. Anything on the way to Lisle would also be nice; makes the road trip more interesting.

Beverly

o

If you can spare the time, 50 miles NW of Lisle is Woodstock, Ill and home of Rich's Foxwillow Pines. Conifers and hosta, my two favorite plants. All in a lovely setting.

tj

Here is a link that might be useful: Foxwillow Pines

o

Hornbaker Gardens in Princeton. Maybe 1.5hours southwest of the convention, but so worth the trip!!!!

o

Chicago Botanical Garden is only 20 miles north of the city. You could take the train from Lisle downtown, then board the north-bound train to the Garden.

I used to live a little west of Lisle, let me know if I can offer any more advice.

Penny

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here