Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hosta Garden Video

Posted by Gesila MI Z5 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 29, 12 at 20:25

My grandchildren will be here on Monday, so I'm practicing with our new video camera. Here's a link to a video I made of one of our hosta gardens in our front yard. This entire area was grass last May.

Gesila

Here is a link that might be useful: Hosta Gardens

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hosta Garden Video

• Posted by mbug none (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 29, 12 at 21:12

Thank you! Would have loved to have seen a long shot too.

o

• Posted by babka 9b NorCal (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 29, 12 at 21:17

That was fun to see! Thank you! Many are very young and oh boy will you digging in a couple more years, or you could just let them duke it out and see who wins? It is so wonderful to hear someone refer to hostas as I think of them...children. New babies, young one, almost mature. You have a beautiful collection, Gesila.

-Babka

o

Really enjoyed the tour Gesila. Im with mbug, would have loved to have seen a long shot.....hint, hint :)

o

Lovely Hosta put together well in that bed.
Cher

o

It was nice to see them and hear your comments. Thanks for sharing!!

o

Thanks for the comments everyone. My gardens are a prime example of how NOT to space your hostas! I tend to overcrowd.

Here's an video that shows an overview of all my gardens. Over 500 hostas on our suburban lot. Looks like I need work keeping the camera steady while walking. Son and family will be here at 6:30 tonight. It's been 5 long years since I've seen them!

Gesila

Here is a link that might be useful: Hosta Gardens Overview

o

Love your overview,Gesila! No,your hostas are not too close together. My garden looks like that,except mine is spread out over a larger area through the woods. Love hearing that midwest accent. My wife is originally from Romeo Michigan,32 miles north of Detroit. She's lost her accent,though,but when we go back north,I hear those accents again from her sisters. Great tour,but your hostas are going to get even closer together,in the future. Phil

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here