Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
two treasures

Posted by Jan.ON 5b/6 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 11, 13 at 20:32

When you join the American Hosta Association they send you a coupon that can be spent at an entire list of American hosta sources, and ONE Canadian grower! That one grower happens to be Goldenbrook Hostas in Blackstock Ontario, the REALLY small town where I grew up. GO FIGURE!! Anyway I had the opportunity to visit their beautiful acre property landscaped with about 750 varieties of hostas. Their retirement hobby has become a full time job for both of them. I came away with 'Luna Moth' and 'Lakeside Paisley Print'. Sure wish I had more space in my gardens.
Jan
Luna Moth & Lakeside Paisley Print. June 2013 photo springthings011_zpsc17d9e49.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: two treasures

• Posted by Dgregory 6A - So.Central IL (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 11, 13 at 20:41

Wow, what beauties you have there Jan! Nice size plants too!
;-)
Deb

o

Jan, Luna Moth is growing on me. Where will you put that in your garden as far as sun goes? I've only seen a small tc of it so I couldn't really get a feel for it. Are the leaves thick? Touch of Class is next on my list. Thought LM might be a good combo. Just wondering. It is beautiful. WW

o

Beautiful selections, Jan. Enjoy.

Don B.

o

Both are nice Jan. I just got PP the other day and am looking for the perfect spot to put it.

My Luna Moth is in the overcrowded bed. I am going to move her. She gets quite a bit of sun where she is now and the center is not real blue. Now that she's grown up, I'm going to move her into a shady spot where her center can blue back up.

Gesila

o

Jan, they are beautiful and so healthy looking! I adore the frilly edge of LPP, such a graceful hosta.

o

I think the colors of your two hostas are my favorite variegation. You've done a fine job of selection Jan. I hope they grow to meet our expectations. (I hate even saying that word with the terrible success we've had with GE)

Luna Moth is near the top of my list. I have just yesterday noticed that the Black Walnut has indeed grown giving me 5' more extended dappled shade the full 30' width of the Theresa's Angel Garden. I will have to begin paying attention to medium sized hostas to fill the extension. What a joy. I hope to do as well as you.

Theresa

o

Wow- you got huge plants, especially LS Paisley Print. They'll look good right away. Enjoy!

o

Jan, I knew you said that you occasionally came to Port for family functions but I didn't realize you grew up there. I lived there for 14 years and my kids started at, and graduated from Cornish.
Paula

o

Paula - I actually grew up on a farm south of Blackstock, and went to Cartwright High School. My brother has a cottage on Lake Scugog where the family often gathers. We sometimes think we would like to retire in Port Perry - pretty little town. But as long as our kids live here in London.....
Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here