Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
esther_b

The box o'heuchies arrived...with a BONUS

esther_b
9 years ago

The box o'heuchies I ordered from HostasDirect arrived today, a day early! I was expecting some sort of goodie thrown in due to the size of the order.

They did not disappoint. Which extra heuchie did they send along with Rio, Paprika, Vienna, Peach Flambe, and Midas Touch? Was it Palace Purple? Peppermint? Sweet Tart? Christa?

NONE of the above. In fact, it wasn't even a heuchie.

A fine little specimen of the HOSTA Wheee! was nestled among the heuchies. I could not believe my eyes. Wheee!

I immediately called my Brooklyn friend to tell her that the heuchies arrived, a day before expected, and asked when on Sunday I was expected at her residence to plant all the flora I had accrued for her over the past several weeks.

She could not believe the deals I had made to get 24 Wave petunias in assorted colors, 4 giant red geraniums, a dozen beautiful large celosias, 2 gorgeous variegated ivies, and 2 nice "spike" dracenas, all for less than $33, to fill the planters on her porch wall. This bargain hunting was to make up for the rather healthy invoice for the hostas and heuchies I ordered for her garden.

I've seen Wheee! avidly discussed on this forum. What, in a nutshell, do I need to know about Wheee! ?

Comments (5)