Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Building a Dream Auction

Posted by mbug 6 NJ (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 26, 13 at 20:58

Just received a beautiful Obsession from the Building a Dream in the Country Auction
 photo Obsession1.jpg

photo obsession2.jpg

photo Obsession3.jpg

Love it already. Any location suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Building a Dream Auction

Oh now you've gone and done it. . That plant draws me back again and again . . .It speaketh to me. . .lolol
It reminds me of silk and I want to run my fingers over it. Here is an older picture of my Obsession. I was going to take some of her this afternoon but we had a cluster of thunderstorms that ran me in the house.

I really hate to say it but I have mine placed badly as far as ground is concerned. As well as she's doing there I am slow to move her. .lol Early morning sun and high shade the rest of the day keeps her happy.

Obsession2009 photo Obsession3.jpg

Obession photo Obsession_.jpg

o

• Posted by mbug none (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 26, 13 at 23:46

I can only hope to have her look as good as yours. It almost looks like a 3D pic ...like she is going to pop through the screen.
Thanks for the inspiration!

o

My Obsession is in its second year. It was really deep deep silky green until the weather turned hot and humid. Now it may be a bit bleached with the sun as high in the sky as it is. I like the thick leaves on it, which drape more than being crispy and stiff.

I recommend early morning sun and afternoon shade for this one.

o

Love the veining on this plant. Mbug, that was a great buy. It should grow up into a beautiful plant like Sidney's. Even better you contributed to the over $15,000 that was raised towards building an accessible house for the Spece family.

Nicely done,

Steve

o

• Posted by mbug none (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 28, 13 at 22:57

Thanks Steve. Love the veining and the deep dark green color on this plant too. It was heartening to see so many great donations in support of a good cause.
I won the bid on a Solar Flare also, but I'm still waiting for information on it.

Moc...thanks for the advice

o

Glad to hear the auction went so well. We happened to be near In the Country, so I shopped there (and talked someone else into placing an order) instead.

They had a rough year - lots of things died over winter. I was disappointed not to get Frank Lloyd Wright, but have fallen in love with the Andorian I got instead. Could have sworn I'd taken a photo, will have to go get one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here