Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mbug_zone6

Building a Dream Auction

mbug_gw
10 years ago

Just received a beautiful Obsession from the Building a Dream in the Country Auction

Love it already. Any location suggestions?

Comments (6)

• sidney1515
    10 years ago

Oh now you've gone and done it. . That plant draws me back again and again . . .It speaketh to me. . .lolol
    It reminds me of silk and I want to run my fingers over it. Here is an older picture of my Obsession. I was going to take some of her this afternoon but we had a cluster of thunderstorms that ran me in the house.

I really hate to say it but I have mine placed badly as far as ground is concerned. As well as she's doing there I am slow to move her. .lol Early morning sun and high shade the rest of the day keeps her happy.

• mbug_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I can only hope to have her look as good as yours. It almost looks like a 3D pic ...like she is going to pop through the screen.
    Thanks for the inspiration!

• User
    10 years ago

My Obsession is in its second year. It was really deep deep silky green until the weather turned hot and humid. Now it may be a bit bleached with the sun as high in the sky as it is. I like the thick leaves on it, which drape more than being crispy and stiff.

I recommend early morning sun and afternoon shade for this one.

• Steve Massachusetts
    10 years ago

Love the veining on this plant. Mbug, that was a great buy. It should grow up into a beautiful plant like Sidney's. Even better you contributed to the over $15,000 that was raised towards building an accessible house for the Spece family.

Nicely done,

Steve

• mbug_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Steve. Love the veining and the deep dark green color on this plant too. It was heartening to see so many great donations in support of a good cause.
    I won the bid on a Solar Flare also, but I'm still waiting for information on it.

Moc...thanks for the advice

• MadPlanter1 zone 5
    10 years ago

Glad to hear the auction went so well. We happened to be near In the Country, so I shopped there (and talked someone else into placing an order) instead.

They had a rough year - lots of things died over winter. I was disappointed not to get Frank Lloyd Wright, but have fallen in love with the Andorian I got instead. Could have sworn I'd taken a photo, will have to go get one.