Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
don_in_colorado

'Gone With The Wind'

don_in_colorado
10 years ago

Hello peeps,

I finally got another of Olga's awesome creations from Hallson Gardens (of course)! It shipped today...

Does anyone have any pics of theirs they'd be willing to share? Thank you!

P.S. Anyone have a pic they could send to Bob Axmear at The Hosta Library? It's not listed there, perhaps for lack of a pic?

Cheers,
Don B.

Comments (13)

• Gesila
    10 years ago

I'll take one for you tomorrow. I put mine in the sun and it burned up, so it's back where it was, except in a pot. It grows really fast in sun til about noon.

Gesila

• Ludicious Acres
    10 years ago

Ohhhh you turkey, I just replied to you in my Anniversary thread saying I should start a whole new thread for GwtW.

Great minds 'eh ?

It's dark right now or I would take a picture . . . tomorrow for sure.

Ludi

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, you two.

Don B.

• User
    10 years ago

It's dark now, or I would take a picture.....

Fine hostalier you are, Ludi, not having stadium lighting installed for night gardening and photo shoots. Strategically placed LEDs on 12 volt with a solar charger up on the roof, put it on your Santa list. Night time is when the fragrants put on their show. Spanish moss hangs languidly from the trees. White blooms open, fragrance wafts on the breeze, moths and bats raise the hair on your neck. It is a dreamy place.

• Ludicious Acres
    10 years ago

No way the neighbors would go for that . . . they already think I'm nuts.

Although, I will sometimes turn the lights on in the living room so they cast a faint glow through those two big french doors and sit at night with the hostas.

It's very peaceful until about the 40th mosquito bite and then I call it quits. :p

The Donald,

As promised, the newest addition to my family, Gone with the Wind.

Forgive the lighting. I had to bring her in to the back room because it was too dark outside when I finally sat down and remembered to take the pics. :p

She is young, but not for long. I suspect she will end up being another tall glass of water in my garden. :p

Cheers,
    Ludi

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the pics, Ludi....I think I'm gonna love it!

Don B.

P.S.: Just an FYI, if you guys haven't seen Olga P's 'Viva Las Vegas', there are a couple great pics in The Hosta Library...Wish I knew where to find it.

This post was edited by Don_in_Colorado on Tue, Jun 25, 13 at 22:30

• coll_123
    10 years ago

Gosh, another pretty one I don't have room for- wah!!!

• Ludicious Acres
    10 years ago

Oh you Dastardly Man !!! You know I get weak in the knees for the white middles and 'Viva Las Vegas' is nothing short of amazing !

Mocc . you still got the Hostafinder lying around ?

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I know, Ludi! It's fantastic, isn't it? I'm not sure it's available, it's not even on Olga P's website...

Mocc, you still got the Hostafinder lying around? : )

Don B.

• User
    10 years ago

Well of course, I've got it still lying around, Ludi. The Hosta Finder is inside a folder these days, so it won't be obvious that I'm checking out who sells what.....eh.

Viva Las Vegas is not in the 2013 Hosta Finder. I find it very strange since VLV was registered in 2002.
    I also looked at Olga's website and Viva Las Vegas was not shown either....but there was a blank space between Yosemite Valley and Tobacco Road....looks like VLV went missing.
    Sorry guys.

But since Hallson, Mason Hollow, Naylor Creek sell a lot of the recent Olga offerings, maybe it is being grown to perfection at one of these nurseries, and already has your names on it?

Who has it? Hmmmm. Truly puzzling.

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hmmmm, the search continues; but where? Mocc, thanks a lot for checking for us!

Don B.

• Gesila
    10 years ago

Here you go.

First year:

Second Year, spreading her wings:

Third year, back in the shade, recovering from sun burn:

Gesila

• sidney1515
    10 years ago

You all are bad for my health. . . I'm here lusting and my DH says, How about I take you out hosta shopping on my birthday? He means it. . .do you know how much guilt that would cause me?. . .Guilt is a killer of old ladies. . .