Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Innerkip, Ontario $5 Hosta Sale

Posted by gardenj76 5b Ontario (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 7, 12 at 21:38

Visited a great annual Hosta sale in Innerkip, ON. last weekend. AMAZING yard, over 425 varieties on display in the garden.

There were ~150 varieties for sale at only $5 each. I was warned to be there early...sale started at 8, I got there at 6:40 and there were about 10 people waiting already. I grabbed 10 and was gone by 7:15.

I picked up: Ghost Spirit, Gypsy Rose, Grand Tiara, Dark Star, Deja Blu, Reptilian, Gunsmoke, Alex Summers, On Stage and Torchlight.

Definitely going to be a new tradition.

Ghost Spirit
Photobucket

Gypsy Rose
Photobucket

Grand Tiara
Photobucket

Deja Blu (hoping for that elusive lighting edge)
Photobucket

Dark Star
Photobucket

On Stage (a little rough, but for 5 bucks...c'mon)
Photobucket

Torchlight
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Innerkip, Ontario $5 Hosta Sale

Nice! Great score. I will keep my eye open for that sale next year. It is a bit far away from me but for $5 hostas; definitely worth it. Thanks for the tip.

o

No problem...just remember to get there early!

o

Lucky you. They all look healthy. I really like upright hostas. Torch Light and Dark Star are awsome. I just happened to take a picture this morning of my 'On Stage' in its third year. It's always late in emerging.

o

Beautiful On Stage...I look forward to my scruffy one looking like that in a while.

o

Oooh, On Stage is lovely!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here