Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What About H.'Color Revolt'???

Posted by moccasinlanding z9A AL (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 12, 12 at 22:02

I noticed in a search that Don Rawson had a Color Revolt, but the picture is no longer in the thread for any of the plants.

Don, what is the story on this hosta? I see that Fransen does not have a picture of it on their website, nor is it marked anywhere for sale.

I did find one photo of it growing in the garden of a tour garden at the 2009 AHS convention, Ms. Anderson.

Can you give me some background on this plant?
And, does anyone else have it in their garden?
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What About H.'Color Revolt'???

Hi Mocc...

Color Revolt is a sport of Revolution. I think only a few have left Don's garden. I am fortunate enough to have one of them.

Don told me to keep it in deep shade for its best color.

I put the link to his original post below.

Gesila

Here is a link that might be useful: Color Revolt Pictures

o

It's gorgeous, isn't it? It's on my long list.

Jim's has it for $28.

Michelle

o

I looked at the Don_R pic, ooolaalaa! Reminds me of a cross between TBolt and Whirlwind. Also looks rhizomatis(sp?), formerly known as stoloniferous.

I would surely like to have some ;-)

hh

o

Hey Mocc... here's a newer picture of Color Revolt for you. It's so dark in this part of the garden that the flash came on when I took this picture. You'll have to excuse the dying ferns, my DH forgot to water while I was out of town.

Photobucket

Gesila

o

I think that is beautiful. It looks somewhat like American Hero that I bought last year. I think it was new then. How do they compare, Gesila?

chris

o

• Posted by babka 9b NorCal (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 14, 12 at 22:37

Gesila- That is SOME photo! I went to the HL and the pics there don't do it justice. The registry says the coloration becomes more subtle as the year goes on. Please keep taking pics to see what it looks like as the months go by. Thanks!

-Babka

o

aND i TRIED TO BUY (excuse me) one yesterday, and I think this thread has caused a run on it, because there are none for sale now. What a revolting development this is!! So hopefully I can get it ordered for delivery early next spring.

Instead, I am trying to get Stitch In Time to console me. :)

o

Don't bother with Stitch in Time. It doesn't stay stitched. Try Mango Tango instead.

Quoting the Life of Reilly shows your age. Actually understanding the reference shows mine.

Steve

o

Good catch Steve. Went right by me till I saw your post, then I remembered.. I remember watching, and enjoying, that show.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here