Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hostas with 5 foot ladder

Posted by tonypumpkin (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 11, 14 at 22:15

Another pic. Closest to furthest. . .Big Daddy (?), Sum and Substance, Elegans. Hostas are not in pots in case anyone else is wondering, they are in the ground surrounded by grass.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hostas with 5 foot ladder

Hey Warden, I thing they're making a yard break.

Love your large specimens.

Pau

o

Ain't no joint that can keep Big Daddy locked up!

Don B.

o

They look cool in the grass like that. The grass looks short underneath...do you attempt to mow under them....kind of like pushing a vacuum under the furniture?

o

That is a finebladed grass looks perhaps like an annual grass which could die down in the heat of summer. (My DH likes to put in annual rye grass over the winter to drive the neighbor with a grass obsession nuts.) (hhehehehehe)

Go Big Daddy!

o

Lol. . .yes, I do mow under them like vacuuming under furniture, but it's not easy, sometimes I snag a few leaves and have to rip them right out :( I am thinking of laying down newspaper and bark mulch on the grass areas so they have room to expand and breathe properly. These ones are all getting root bound with the roots balling up and protruding like mole hills :(

o

• Posted by sandyl Zone 6B -7 (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 12, 14 at 12:06

OMG What do you feed those things?

o

@ sandy. . .OMG What do you feed those things?

The usual. . .lot's of mice, the odd stray dog or cat that wanders into the yard to make a mess ;) lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here