does anyone have this hosta ??

anyone have pics to share ??

please post them

thanks

jill

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: John Deere Green & Gold

Where did you hear of it? No entry or pictures in the Library. The Registry has a Hosta named John Deere Green and Yellow. I assume that's it. It was registered in 2010 by F. Freeman and the clump is only 3 years old in Davenport, IA. I doubt if it's on the market. Somebody here might have it, but I doubt it. Not surprisingly, it's green with a gold/yellow margin. Why are you interested in it?

Steve

o

duh,,,yes,,,i meant green and YELLOW..

Green and Gold is the Hosta Society chit chat i was at tonight...

it is in the hosta finder...50 bucks...

my father owned a dealership and i have a little section in my garden devoted to John Deere...

jill...

o

Where does the Hosta Finder say it can be purchased? Obviously at that price it's OS, a piece of the original clump probably.

Steve

o

green gold is a VERY OLD name.. and i think it is just one of the older ones under a new name ...

and as i recall.. it is rather non-descript ...compared to todays plants ...

someone might want to check the old shcmid tome ...

i found green gold .. see link..

i am proud to say.. that i was sold it under each name listed there.. so much for seller honesty ...

man i wasted money pre WWW days.. when you couldnt research this stuff.. but for a bunch of single spaced pages in what was then a catalog ...

not aware of 'green and yellow' ... and that is probably not a legit name.. as it is not unique to the plant.. it simply states the obvious ...

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: its in the library ...

o

John Deere is a tractor company! Isn't this the hosta forum? I have lots of hosta that are green and gold? Phil

o
RE: John Deere Green & YELLOW

lol, you guys, here is a pic of my "John Deere" section

yes, phil, it is a farm equip. co. (one of which was owned by my father and grandfather before him)

ken, "John Deere" is part of the name

if it is a nice plant worth 50 bucks,,,i think it would be "cool" to have it

i guess i will have to call "Franc's" to see if he can send a picture

jill

a href="http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c17/Hostalover_/?action=view¤t=IMG_8330.jpg" target="_blank">John Deere Section

o

Love the bike. That is a lugged steel beauty with a turbine powered light. You are right. That scene needs a Hosta. Good luck in your search.

Steve

o

Hey, I hope you have a John Deere tractor mailbox? Now THAT would be neat. If not a mailbox at the street, get a big ole mailbox and paint it right, put the wheels on it, etc, and put your gardening tools or hosta notebook inside.

Good luck with your theme garden.

Get a John Deere triangle flag to go on the back of your bike.

o

we do plan on getting a mailbox for the garden tools...

have to go to the P.O. to get our mail...

the flag is a great idea also...

jill...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here