Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msecc

Asch

msecc
10 years ago

So I've become a big fan of Stuart the last couple of years and have been lucky enough to win some of his auctions in the past (all still young specimens). Looks like he is taking some time off this year from posting auctions/sales... I've purchased anything available that I didn't have of Asch from Jim's Hosta and have looked around for other sellers but can't find any... Do you know of any place that might have some of his more unique examples? Thx.

Comments (3)

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    10 years ago

have you ever dealt with him direct ???

see link ..

at bottom website built by josh ... who i havent seen pop in here very often ...

and ask josh to put you in direct contact ...

he either will or wont ...

surprised you cant do the same research thru whatever auction sight you were using ... but maybe that type of info disappears after a while ...

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: link

• User
    10 years ago

Do you have any idea which ones you are missing?
    I have some Asch hosta won from his auctions last year.
    They are Stiff Upper Lip, Nathan's Nirvana, Bibb Lettuce, Rascal, Seducer, and Spring Break.

Did he not have one called Kowabunga coming out? Lot of substance? I thought that was one I asked about it coming to auction, I think it was probably going into TC.

Good luck making contact.

• msecc
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you for the responses...

I have reached out to Staurt earlier in the year, my understanding is that he has recently moved and with that comes with a lot of headaches and not much free time... I'm sure moving all of those hosta's were tough on him, his family, etc... I have not followed up, I'll watch for any new auctions or reach out next year.

I've checked a bunch of 3rd party sellers and searched the web for Asch and hosta and there doesn't seem to be much out there for vendors selling his stuff (this is part of the reason I like collecting Asch, nice stuff, unique, nice variation and not everyone has it...). I have a limited amount of space on my property and this is my focus...

*Moc - I may have lost a couple of those auctions to you... I do not have Stiff Upper Lip, Nathan's Nirvana, Bibb Lettuce, or Rascal yet. I currently have 39 different varieties of his (that he was the Originator), 23 that are registered, 15 named but not registered (some only put up on auction once that are not in the library like Star Seed, Streaked Star Seed, Streaked Geez Louise), 1 unnamed bonus plant. All are still rather small (1-4 eyes) and growing well but slow in full shade.

I was hoping members here might point me to other sellers who might not label their postings with the hosta "Originator"...