Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beverlymnz4

2012 American Hosta Society Pics - Cornelia Holland Garden

beverlymnz4
11 years ago

"Tranquility" garden, aptly named, 1/2 acre wooded lot.

Two Holy Mole flanking her front door.

Sun Power

Elvis Lives in a pot in Nashville

Moonlit Sonata

Celtic Dancer

A view from a well placed bench

Pineapple Punch

Royal Flush leaf

Royal Flush

Dream Queen

Garden Ornament

Comments (9)

• User
    11 years ago

Thanks for sharing this view of the convention in Nashville.
    I see some familiar companion plants in the mix, and notice the use of containers spread among them. I think containers lift up the body of the hosta so it is more prominent.

Now where else can you find "Elvis Lives In A Pot In Nashville?" Just perfect place for him.

• irawon
    11 years ago

Thanks for sharing your pictures. I was in Nashville in March and enjoyed touring this lovely city very much. Would have loved being at the convention.

• Steve Massachusetts
    11 years ago

Beautiful garden wonderfully photographed. Thanks Bev for sharing.

Steve

• paul_in_mn
    11 years ago

Beverly, thanks for taking time to share. My favorites were Moonlight Sonata and the pic with the path.

Paul

• Babka NorCal 9b
    11 years ago

Thank you Beverly! What a feast for the eyes.

-Babka

• hostamanphil
    11 years ago

It is always a treat to get to see other people's gardens. Thanks for posting. Phil

• beverlymnz4
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you for your comments. In these gardens I have seen many more ways I can use hosta, ornaments, containers and companion planting. The gardens were inspiring.

Because of heat and the lack of topsoil, you will see some commonalities. For example, the type of hosta, the use of containers and raised beds and the somewhat smaller mature size.

Beverly

• TNTranquility
    11 years ago

Bev,

I have shared the convention photo sites with the other 212 AHS Convention garden owners as we did not have an opportunity to visit each others' gardens prior to the event. It is always nice to see one's garden through another's eye.

Cornelia

• Steve Massachusetts
    11 years ago

"Elvis Lives in a pot in Nashville."

Love it.

Steve