LemonLimeInBloom2012-06-19_10-07-16_50

Hosta 'T-Rex':
TrexBlooming2012-06-19_10-26-49_412

just noticing,

hh

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Second Ones to Blossom here in Z4

Oh nice looking blooms on that Lemon Lime! I received my LL from Savory's last week and no blooms on it. However, the Tiny Tears and Venusta had scapes with tight little buds on them. I would need a magnifier to see the flowers and the Tiny Tears blooms look almost salmon colored, not green and not lavender. I'm very curious about them.

So what is going on up there in Minnesota? I thought you were having cooler weather, yet you have a good bit of blooming happening.

The Bressingham Blue blossoms are barely visible with scapes shorter than the leaf petioles! But they are beautiful.

Guess I need to mark dates in my record book about when each of mine bloom this year, since it is their first growing season this far south.. You probably know all of the details for your hosta, you've done it for so long.

o

Here in Upstate NY it is hot. Yes I have several hostas having flowers, probably some pods developing. But moving the hoses and sprinklers when temps will be up to 95, I decided to not hybridize this year, but let the bees do it again, and then use some of those seeds. I still have great seeds from last year in the freezer. Bernd

o

Is Guacamole a late bloomer? I'm in zone 6 and there's no sign of a scape on either of my 2 plants.

o

Yes, Guacamole is a late bloomer, like all the others of that ilk.

And Moccasin, it's been four degrees above normal so far in June with five 90-plus days. Was closer to five degrees above normal in May with two 90s. Nearly 10 inches of rain in May and well above normal in June in the Twin Cities.

Hot and wet, that will get things growing.

o

Thank you Esox.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here