Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
steve_mass

Changing the GW Mountain Snow pic revisited

Last February after much discussion and picture manipulation the members of this forum voted to use a picture of Liberty as a replacement for the current picture of Mountain Snow on the opening page of the Hosta forum. The picture we chose to use was one that belonged to a late member of this forum called Papou. Papou loved Liberty and inspired many long time members of this forum to grown the plant. When he died a number of members planted Libery in his honor.

Unfortunately there were complications to using Papou's picture of Liberty on the GW opening page of the Hosta forum. Even though the picture was available to us through his old Photobucket account, because of Papou's death, we did not have permission to use it. Tamara at GW was understanding of this dilemma but clear that permission was needed.

As a result I have tried over the past 4 months through various methods to contact members of Papou's family. I tried email addresses, telephone numbers and finally snail mail. I sent a registered letter earlier this year that was returned. However, since Papou's family usually wintered in Florida, I waited until last month and then sent another registered letter. Yesterday that letter was returned to me unopened. So I feel as if we have exhausted all means of contact.

As part of our discussions in the previous thread we voted on a number of photos. The picture that received the second most votes was submitted by Wendy. Here's a copy of that picture resized to fit the GW window.

The next step, with the permission of the group, is to contact Tamara with the request to replace the photo of Mountain Snow on the opening Hosta page with Wendy's picture of Liberty.

Please leave a comment below.

Thanks to everyone for their help with what turned out to be a more complicated process than any of us could have imagined.

Steve

Here is a link that might be useful: The Thread containing the Vote

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996