Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Changing the GW Mountain Snow pic revisited

Posted by steve_mass 5b (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 15, 12 at 22:44

Last February after much discussion and picture manipulation the members of this forum voted to use a picture of Liberty as a replacement for the current picture of Mountain Snow on the opening page of the Hosta forum. The picture we chose to use was one that belonged to a late member of this forum called Papou. Papou loved Liberty and inspired many long time members of this forum to grown the plant. When he died a number of members planted Libery in his honor.

Unfortunately there were complications to using Papou's picture of Liberty on the GW opening page of the Hosta forum. Even though the picture was available to us through his old Photobucket account, because of Papou's death, we did not have permission to use it. Tamara at GW was understanding of this dilemma but clear that permission was needed.

As a result I have tried over the past 4 months through various methods to contact members of Papou's family. I tried email addresses, telephone numbers and finally snail mail. I sent a registered letter earlier this year that was returned. However, since Papou's family usually wintered in Florida, I waited until last month and then sent another registered letter. Yesterday that letter was returned to me unopened. So I feel as if we have exhausted all means of contact.

As part of our discussions in the previous thread we voted on a number of photos. The picture that received the second most votes was submitted by Wendy. Here's a copy of that picture resized to fit the GW window.

Wendy's Liberty enhanced

The next step, with the permission of the group, is to contact Tamara with the request to replace the photo of Mountain Snow on the opening Hosta page with Wendy's picture of Liberty.

Please leave a comment below.

Thanks to everyone for their help with what turned out to be a more complicated process than any of us could have imagined.

Steve

Here is a link that might be useful: The Thread containing the Vote

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Changing the GW Mountain Snow pic revisited

• Posted by babka 9b NorCal (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 15, 12 at 23:14

Yes! Please replace the existing pic with the new Sagae one from Wendy.

What perseverance, Steve. This has been pursued a number of times in years past, but no one stuck with it the way you have. Thank you for all your efforts. Liberty is my mostest favorest hosta in the whole wide world.

-Babka

o

Unfortunately I was out of commission and unable to participate in the original vote. Papou would have loved being honored so, and his would have been my first choice. My second would have been Ken's. The leaf size and definition does it for me. Wendy's is also very lovely and would make a beautiful opening page picture.

o

I think Wendy's photo is perfect.

o

Yes! Please replace the existing pic with the new Sagae one from Wendy.

o

Another vote for the Sagae!

o

Another vote for Wendy's 'LIBERTY'.

o

Wendy's Liberty gets my vote!

o

I love it!

o

Yes to that beautiful picture of Liberty. Myrle

o

Yes, use Wendy's photo.

bkay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here