Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
don_in_colorado

Found A Streaked 'Hoosier Harmony'...

don_in_colorado
10 years ago

...Much to my happy surprise. Found it at one of my local haunts, in a flat full of small 'Hoosier Harmony' plants. It's little, single-eyed, weatherbeaten and generally abraded/scratched-up. Maybe it will stay unstable. Maybe not. In any case, I bought it. I'll just raise it and hope it stays streaked.

Just wanted to share it.

Thanks,
Don B.

This post was edited by Don_in_Colorado on Wed, Jun 12, 13 at 6:39

Comments (9)

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Just a baby of a plant...Trying to show you the dark green pinstripes in between the margin and center on this leaf...

This post was edited by Don_in_Colorado on Wed, Jun 12, 13 at 4:06

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sorry, very bad pic, but still, the streaking is apparent.

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    10 years ago

A better image...

• beverlymnz4
    10 years ago

Nice find. You could have some fun with that. If it persists, you'll be making crosses and growing seedlings.

Beverly

• sidney1515
    10 years ago

Woohoo! Nice find, Don! That kind of thing makes a person go home happy. . . lol

• User
    10 years ago

DonB, is this one of your Photoshopped extravaganzas? :) I really loved the one you did before. Can I have a division of it when it gets bigger?

Good luck with the streakin Hoosier. I might also recommend to you the Sweet Standard, which is another fragrant streaker. I got my second one from Wade Gatton in the last order. It is much larger and taller than my first one from Avalon Acres, but the first one from 2012 has regular streaks throughout every leaf. I'll post a separate thread for that, not to distract from Hoosier Harmony.

There is something very pleasing about a combination of bright yellow with white streaks. My kitchen is happiest with yellow walls and white cabinets. Same for hosta I think. The yellow ones with white on them are the happiest ones.

• hostafreak
    10 years ago

Good luck with that one,Don! I once had a streaked eye in my Hoosier Harmony,and as soon as I separated it,it came back as just another HH. Phil

• in ny zone5
    10 years ago

I bought a streaked 'Sum and Substance' two years ago, last year it looked like a non-streaking h.'Sagae', this year it is a non-streaking h. 'Sum It Up', seems to be stable now. So yours might stabilize into a non-streaker.
    Bernd

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yup, I refuse to get my hopes up too much, but I must admit, it was kind of a thrill to find the streaker. Pretty fun experience. I always sportfish, but up til now I never really saw a hint of a sport. This particular little plant stood out like a beacon in the middle of the regular 'Hoosier Harmony' plants.

And Mocc, if it comes up streaked next spring, and it's divsions multiply, YES I'll gladly send you a piece. Keep your fingers crossed!

Thanks All,
    Don B.

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!