anyone else have a wave runner?

Posted by leafwatcher zone 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 30, 14 at 23:37

just wondering :)

photo 9c483813-1bcf-46b3-849d-e506b90ef0ab_zpsf5ebb06d.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: anyone else have a wave runner?

Here's mine - added to the collection in 2012.

photo IMG_4419_zpsa315a4d2.jpg

Vanessa

o

I was never one for wavy edges.. but I am softening to them. I haven't seen adult version in person.. I think there is a nice potential though.

o

Oh Oh Oh!!!! Memememe!!!
I got one last week, and now have all but one of Squash Casserole's progeny.

I tell you, with the way Squash Casserole and Yesterday's Memories and Key Lime Pie take the heat AND sun, I had to make an EMERGENCY ORDER and get Wave Runner.

What a great name! It is bound to be a fantastic performer, and I wanted it to emerge next spring raring to go and adjusted to our climate.

One thing about this family of hosta. They want sunlight AND LOTS OF WATER! You cannot have one without the other. Tony Avent developed Squash Casserole and he said for the south....but he cautioned that they can take our heat/humidity if give lots of moisture. Believe me, this is no wimpy group. They have better than average substance, hold the gold in the sun and have not bleached or gone parchment textured on me. Yesterday's Memories set a sparse number of seedpods this year, and it is beyond 36 inches in diameter. I haven't put the yardstick on SquashCas. but it should be close to that herself. I got Key Lime Pie last year, and perhaps it will do like the others in the 3d season go on a growing spree.

Squash Casserole
DSCN0510

Yesterday's Memories
DSCN0528

Key Lime Pie
H. 'Key Lime Pie' ready to open blooms

I'm looking forward to Wave Runner giving a similar performance.

o

All that talk about Squash and Key Lime Pie made me hungry...

o

They look good enough to eat. Crisp and juicy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here