Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hosta 'Grand Prize'

grey/green with a wide yellow edge... I like

o

• Posted by Eleven Michigan 6A (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 22, 12 at 8:19

My new Grand Prize, just planted this last weekend. I'm trying it at the sunny end of a bed.

o

Great looking hostas. I like the tiaras. Eleven, let us know how GP does with more sun.

o

HHH, what is that lovely green cupped hosta behind your GP? I've been trying to duplicate a hosta in my garden that I saw a picture of on one of the garden sites. So far I've tried 'Deep Pockets' and 'Cup of Grace'. The plant I saw on that web site was medium, very symmetrical, all the cupped leaves very neatly upturned.

o

irawon,

the background plant is Hosta 'Teaspoon', another small, tightly clumping, unique, subtle one we like a lot!

hh

o

hh please continue to share makes my day

o

HH, thanks for the info. My 'Teaspoon' does not look as good as yours. It has remained a rather flat mound, guess because of tree root competition.

o

I grew Grand Prize in more sun and found that it bleached out. I moved it back into morning sun and it's bright yellow color has returned.

Gesila

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here