Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paul_in_mn

Hosta Spring....

paul_in_mn
9 years ago

....hard to believe they weren't sprung enough for pictures till June. Still some stretching to do, about time.

Adorable - sport of Royal Standard, some growth from last year, but may have to move to more sun to see if it has another gear.

Antioch - a couple of flirty leaves

Blue Arrow - one of my early hosta and a favorite. Still stretching out and blue is coming....one of my best for holding the blue color.

Captain's Adventure - sport of Captain Kirk, drawstring is not as severe this year....maybe due to late spring. Next leaves will not have drawstring and margin color never catches up to first flush of leaves. So plant will have white margin early leaves and dark margin on later.....sort of like having Fire Opal and Gold Standard on the same plant.

Fire Opal - sport of Gold Standard (identical or close enough to Moonlight), good grower, still not all spread out yet - may get too big for where I have it sited.

Hi Ho Silver - Juries out whether it can keep looking good long into summer.

Ice Cream (gift from Melissa) - so good when you don't kill a gift hosta. Sport of Vanilla Cream.

Just June - No not just June, but a sport of June called Just June, but it looks a bit like June with a wide margin, of course isn't that what Touch of Class is.....confused yet. Growing in quite a bit of shade and so far smaller than June, but who knows maybe in more light.....;-)

Justine - sport of June Fever, moved it to some sun last year and seems happier.

Long Fellow - folded long leaves when it matures, so far puts up a lot of leaves for the number of divisions.

Sergeant Pepper - muted colors, the deer liked it too......grrrrr

Spring Fling - gotta love this one.....ummm

Thanks for taking a look.

Paul

Comments (8)