Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone grow Zebra Stripes?

Posted by blacksheep998 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 11, 14 at 23:55

I just saw this picture of H. Zebra Stripes and absolutely love it! http://www.plantdelights.com/common/images/products/large/hosta-zebra-stripes.i-6602.s-60878.r-01.jpg

Information about it is a little sparse though. Does anyone grow it or know anyone who does? Is it as difficult to grow as the 'white' hostas like white feather and does it fade as the season progresses like those?

Because I'm really looking for one that brightens as the season goes on. Anybody know of a good yellow or gold that does that?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone grow Zebra Stripes?

I like Sun Power...really brightens up an area. It gets fairly big. I don't, however, have any experience with ZS.

o

this and tonys outhouse delight.. if i recall the name properly.. all white at emerging ...

are an EXTREMELY short lived white show ..... that very quickly green up ... depending on weather... heat ...

to the point.. where if you happen to not walk by it in early spring.. you might miss it completely ... lol ...

in other words its a transitory phase that is short lived ...

no and the yellow equivalent ...

ken

ps: not to mention.. they are really ugly little green plants... lol ...

o

Link to Hostas which become golder during the growing season.

Pic below of Krugerrand (6/9/14) which is on the list. Also have Daybreak which qualifies.

Paul

Here is a link that might be useful: LUTESCENT HOSTAS - Hostas which become golder during the growing season.

o

Oh thank you! Those are exactly what I wanted! Your Krugerrand is beautiful, and after browsing the list Mayflower Moon also looks like it'd be perfect for what I was looking for.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here