Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
La Hacienda Bed: second Mini / Small Bed

Posted by hostahillbilly Zone 4 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 30, 12 at 0:00

A.K.A. 'Follow the Grey Stone Road' . . .

hacienda bed2012-07-22_14-58-40_288

I think an interesting thread idea my be something along the lines of 'What is yor most interesting bed'.

thoughts? darts?

fwiw,

hh

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: La Hacienda Bed: second Mini / Small Bed

I like this bed. Very neat idea. You have one guy that is trying to take over the road. :)
Cher

o

I like that. I'd like to see closer up of the little hacienda. I'm sure I'd be adding 'stuff' all the time.

My most theme related whole bed is a mini water one. It sort of evolved with me adding to it every year. It is located between some perennials left as I gradually added hostas everywhere. There seems, to me, to be a natural border formed by Astilbe and Iris on one side and Huchera with larger Hostas on the other. It reminds me of a hidden little cove between two rock outcroppings at the beach. I'm not sure what Rainforest has to do with mostly coastal water stuff like shells and starfish but in makes sense somewhere in my little brain.

Mini Water Garden

Mini Water Garden  2

Mini Water Garden 3

Mini Water Garden 4

o

What fun!!

In some garden that Steve_Mass toured and photographed, there was a model train setup. Mostly for the guys I suppose.

I added a church steeple (a birdhouse that was really tall and metal) to the middle of a round plastic make-believe whiskey barrel today, which I'd planted with 2 August Moon and 2 (from splitting it) Midas Touch. It needed height and I did not want another plant in there. No picture.

I also buried in another round shallow pot of minis one of those seeping water bottles, and put a lid over it to keep out bugs etc. I like the looks of that one too.

Nothing says you cannot play while you are working in the garden, right?

o

mctavish - your mini garden in enchanting. who is the spiky blue guy in 2011 on the left? How big is he?
Jan

o

mctavish6 :

fancy, loved it, thanks!

hh

o

Glad you liked the garden. Now that I look at the pictures I'm itching to move those three plants that are too big and replace them with smaller ones. In this particular garden I like the look of the plants being separated like they were in the first few years. I'll keep you posted.

Jan, that's Cutting Edge in the picture. It's pretty big. Although it's one of my top favorites, I didn't pick it in the blue or green poll. I think the green was first and I thought it was blue. Then the blue poll said it was green. Anyway it's a great, unique plant.

o

mctavish - green or blue, small or not, your 'Cutting Edge' is a real beauty.
Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here