Houzz Logo Print
hostahillbilly

Dark Hosta: Hosta 'Twilight Time'

hostahillbilly
11 years ago

Comments (10)

• idiothe
    11 years ago

thanks... I, too, like TT... and also the smaller Tong Twister... dense, solid clumps with extra "life" coming from the form of the leaves... along with the good color... nice new generation...

• Cricket_Love
    11 years ago

Nice!

• in ny zone5
    11 years ago

I like that plant, especially the one you have, HH, it looks great with its shiny and curly dark green leaves. Mine is smaller and got blotchy this spring. I tested it for HVX, but didn't have it, probably got affected by frost. The new leaves are fine. Bernd

• User
    11 years ago

I'm a fan of the darker leafed hosta too. Did you want other people to post random dark leafed hosta, or only Twilight Time?

• hostahillbilly
    Original Author
    11 years ago

moc,

it's an open forum, have at it '-)

hh

• User
    11 years ago

Been very busy planting hosta, new arrivals, and indexing the pictures taken over the month of July. So I'll post about one or two, and then head for the bed. Must get up very early in the morning.

longissima species

Jaws got the color, just developing its other traits

Lakeside Full Tide

Blue Angel

nIGHTLIFE...HAVE TO SAY, THIS IS THE DARkest one on any day of the week

Just LOVE Nightlife

Second Wind...right up there with Nightlife

Stiff Upper Lip...dark on top and sort of white beneath, dark and very stiff

Lakeside Pebbles...for the smaller needs

King of Spades

See why I like King of Spades?

Candy Dish...dark even sitting in a good bit of sun, accidentally I might add

Lederhosen has it all....just shifting from blue to green here, will get its deep leathery/plastic dark sheen soon. Plus it has plantaginea in it.

I have a new hosta, Dark Shadows, which I hope lives up to its name.

and that's all for tonight. over and out.

• peggy_hosta
    11 years ago

Here's my Potomac Pride. Gets 2 hrs sun, then shade for 4 hrs., then sun for another 2-3 hrs then shade again. Everytime I have a garden tour, they ask about this one.She's looking a little beat up :(

• jan_on zone 5b
    11 years ago

Moccasin - Hmmm - a hosta grower and a poet too! You have transported me to your garden.
    Jan

• User
    11 years ago

Jan, pleased to have you join me. Other than plants and gardens, I am addicted to.....words, shall we say. :)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County