Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
almosthooked

my garden tour

Well, that went well. over 35 people from the local garden club showed and were quite impressed with my yard and all the plants. Asking many questions and check out names of different things and writing down on a want list and IPhone. Arrived at 6:45 and were here almost an hour . Such fun to be able to share the love of gardening with other gardeners. Every where you looked there was someone had found a bench or rock to prop on or take pictures .Gave a few slips of some plants to those that seemed quite interested and one lady wants to come back just to sit quietly and view again. Gave us a nice thank you card with lots of nice comments, When I was first asked was not too sure I wanted someone coming but it was quite fun

Then they were off to Mctavish at the top of the hill for her tour

Comments (24)

• almosthooked zone5
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh yah Ken, I even had our entry washroom ready but no one seemed to need it, unless they maybe went behind the lilac hedge. Someone stepped in a doggy doo but never even missed a beat.. how embarrassing .

• hosta_freak
    9 years ago

How great was that,Faye! I had our local garden club here at my garden a few years ago,but,although they enjoyed it,I doubt if anyone even knew what hosta was what,unless they asked me. Don Rawson was here in early spring,but most of my hostas weren't even up then. Have a good day! Phil

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    9 years ago

Oh yah Ken, I even had our entry washroom ready but no one seemed to need it, unless they maybe went behind the lilac hedge.

==>>> and that is because they were real gardeners.. as garden clubs usually are ... and know better ...

its when you have a city tour... and every nattering nabob with some time.. takes a walk ...

once i had the tecumseh garden ladies over.. and i happened to have two giant green seedling hosta sitting around... and i offered it to the club ... man they dissected that thing like a trex on lunch ... in seconds... lol ...

one of the fastest hours know to mankind dont you think... all that time spent prepping and worrying ... and it is over in a flash ...

but the big upside... with real gardeners... THEY REALLY APPRECIATE the effort ... and never fear telling you why ...

and for those of you who dont understand the cryptic message to me.. see link ... but lets not hijack this post on that... this is about glory for almost ...

congrats

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: ink

• unbiddenn
    9 years ago

Gasp!!! No pictures?

• almosthooked zone5
    Original Author
    9 years ago

some of my yard

• almosthooked zone5
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sorry for the one picture at a time

• almosthooked zone5
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I am not really organized in my pictures because I was busy outdoors. Still never got a program to sent more at a time

• almosthooked zone5
    Original Author
    9 years ago

a place to relax

• almosthooked zone5
    Original Author
    9 years ago

back view of my waterfall planted this spring

• almosthooked zone5
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Waterfall area that joined the two existing ones together from 2013. Waterfall was put in last fall but plants are showing growth already. I have a new camera and keeps rejecting pictures because of too large K( what ever this means)So will use older ones

• almosthooked zone5
    Original Author
    9 years ago

back step as they leave and thank you for looking at my gardens

• hostahosta
    9 years ago

Your garden is lovely. I like the gravel, stone lined paths. No wonder your garden tour went so well.

• don_in_colorado
    9 years ago

Faye, your property looks fantastic! Great job.

"Nattering nabobs..." Ha ha ha ha ha....

Don B.

• unbiddenn
    9 years ago

It is gorgeous! I love your huge willow tree, and the rock work.

• sandysoil_2008 6A Near Boston
    9 years ago

I know you worked your butt off getting your garden ready. It's beautiful and I'd love to have your waterfall. Do you ever have a chance to sit in that relaxing place?

• hostatakeover swMO
    9 years ago

Oh, to have a waterfall. Your gardens are sooooo beautiful! Love those big rocks placed about, and that sunset view is an awesome way to close any day.

Thanks so much for sharing, and glad all went well.

• almosthooked zone5
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you for all welcome for the nice comments and yes it is so much easier this season then the first couple when the fever hit for hosta. Yes Sandysoil, We actually have found the time to just sit and enjoy until it gets too darn hot to be outdoors. Loads of fires around the area now and gets smoky but at least none close to us, My two cousins were evacuated from their homes yesterday around West Kelowna BC ( 70 miles from here) . Hopefully their place is okay as he is a real gardener too .

• TheHostaCottage
    9 years ago

Very nice, Faye! Your gardens looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing with us. :)
    Vanessa

• trudy_gw
    9 years ago

Beautiful gardens! Love the feeling one gets when sharing gardens, and the nice comments make all the work worth while.

• mbug_gw
    9 years ago

What a special treat to see yours and McTavishs' back to back....Wish I was there....hope they appreciated it!.

• Linda's Garden z6 Utah
    9 years ago

Beautiful! Thanks for the tour, I only wish I could be there in person!

Linda

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    9 years ago

Faye, your gardens look so lovely...all that prep paid off..makes you proud when people want to linger, doesn't it? I hope your relatives find themselves back home safe and sound very soon. What stress to go through...

Congrats on a successful "tour"! ... and another peek at your beautifully maintained gardens...it's like an escape into dreamland!

Jo

• bchosta 8b west coast canada
    9 years ago

Wonderful setting for some great looking plants. Looks so natural and peaceful... bravo!
    BC

• User
    9 years ago

Faye, you are indeed in the heart of some great hosta growing country. I cannot believe that its only been 3 growing seasons since you fell passionately in love with hosta. My heavens, lady, that is a classy garden with hosta looking quite mature for their age, and beautifully sited, so natural. You have one thing that most gardens do not, and that is a long view of setting sun across the lake, from high up. That is to die for.

Hat is off to you, friend. You pulled it off beautifully. You and Myrle and the other neighbor-lady have topped the mountain with gardens.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio