o
amount of light

Posted by Brenda53159 5 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 19, 14 at 0:18

How much light do hosta seedlings need?? Its a 3 tier in home green house

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: amount of light

It all depends on your latitude, altitude, ocean/lake influences. Hostas almost everywhere can all take eastern morning sun. Greenhouse? Hostas are outdoor plants that need a winter dormancy to thrive.

For seedlings in a green house, check the Hosta Library link regarding seeds.

-Babka

Here is a link that might be useful: Hosta Library

o
RE: amount of light

24 hours per day.. is pretty good.. lol ...

i used a common timer... on 16 hours ... off 8 ... with one on/off cycle in the middle of the 8 ...

it was claimed... that the on/off cycle.. confuses them into thinking the lights are on 24 hours ...

and i liked the idea of saving 8 hours of electric bill ... whether the theory worked or not.. lol ..

but again... it depends on how many bulbs ... the more bulbs per level ... the more intensity.. presumably.. the less hours you would need ...

read bobs info

ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here