Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
is this hvx?..

Posted by steeltowninwv none (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 14, 14 at 0:47

this is sum and substance...bought a couple months ago from a local nursery..the plant is healthy and growing...I just see the lateral lines in between the veins that has me concerned..u can see the lateral lines in the first pic.
 photo 20140712_104715_zpsjy1x7vrs.jpg

photo 20140712_104635_zpsn9tqnywv.jpg

photo 20140712_104625_zpsd00f1xuz.jpg

photo 20140712_104618_zpssv8tx2qo.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: is this hvx?..

Looks ok. HVX in Sum and Substance typically has cell collapse...here's a S&S pic with cell collapse and bleeding from veins. Good to keep an eye on it thought, at one time it was very common in S&S.

Paul

o

thanks...I feel better now

o

That looks like stress. It might need more water, fertilizer or less sun.

Here's a photo of a Paul's Glory (which my dog later destroyed). I thought it had HVX, but Chris said it was stress.

bk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here