Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_63513

Room With A View

User
10 years ago

The thread I'm linking below gave me an idea for this thread. Hostanista uploaded a picture of the view from her kitchen window. There were hostas, a fence, and a horse making its getaway. What a great glimpse into the every day life of a hosta gardener.

It made me think of the years I worked offshore and while I was home, took pictures from each of my home's windows before I left it. Then I'd meditate on how to make the view more pleasing when I got back. I'm a great believer in being pleased with what I view out my windows. If you cannot change the view, you can change the focal point....like placing a windchime to distract you from the distasteful object in your sight line. (In my case the neighbor had a Greyhound BUS next to my fence). It got so I never noticed it, without resorting to seeding the place with kudzu! hehehe
I don't have those pictures now. But I do have some taken through my plantation shutters of the bird feeders in that part of the garden.

I'll wait to see your pictures of the view of your hosta from where you sit at the desk, or stand at the sink, or glance away from the TV out the back and there are some of your hosta watching TV with you. It pleases the eye and touches the soul when you can bring part of your passion for hosta inside with you. You've planted them for yourself, now make sure you are the one with the best seat in the house, not the neighbors.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hostas and horses--Hostanista

Comments (4)