Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Road Trip

Posted by mbug 6 NJ (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 13, 14 at 2:01

Road trip to Paxon Hill Farms in New Hope, Pa today. Somehow a few more Hosta found there way into my car.

Remember Me....supposed to be hard to grow well....would appreciate any tips from any of you having success with it
 photo RememberMe.jpg
Lakeside Lollipop...getting to really like the dark green
 photo LakesideLolliop2.jpg

Very big nice Razor's Edge
 photo RazorsEdge.jpg

Beautiful Autumn Brilliance Fern
 photo AutumnBrilliance.jpg

Enjoyed walking the Gardens too...
Some massive beautiful Blues
 photo BlueAngels.jpg

photo BlueAngel2.jpg
Peacock in the Hosta
 photo photo136.jpg

photo photo429.jpg

photo 93415cfa-a337-4a73-bb41-0b2808ed3a72.jpg

I posted this before but I love the Hobbit House
 photo a0c1366d-71c0-42bc-ab33-451d1179fbd0.jpg

Thanks for looking fell free to post your Remember Me if you have it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Road Trip

Lovely gardens, and nice new hosta. Did my thread on the greenies influence your choices? Looks like you had a great day.

o

Remember Me is one of the most colorful hostas I have and stays that way all year. I love it! It is not a very fast grower but comes back nicely every year.
I've had this one for several years, planted in almost full shade and has competition from surrounding trees, so what can I expect for optimum growth?
It does look quite different from the one you posted but in the Hosta Library there are the same differences.

o

I found that my Remember Me grows best in a pot for me. I guess I just haven't found the right spot for it.

Old dirt, I think yours is a bit different because of its age. The margins must widen with age.

o

Picked up this Remember Me last season (picture taken then as well). It's my second one - the first was growing well over a couple of seasons in a pot until I decided to plant it in the ground to overwinter it. Bad decision! The soil didn't drain sufficiently well for the amount of rain we experienced. It came back, but with lots of rotten roots and was so small I decided to pitch it.
This one will stay in its container. I try to give it plenty of sun to encourage it to grow well. For it's dramatic, sensational colours, it can't be beaten. That said, it would seem that lots of patience is required whilst waiting for this little beauty to flourish!
Have seen some fabulous specimens on this forum. Hopefully they will be posted again!
BC

o

Mug, you chose some very nice hostas...Razor's Edge looks like specimen size already! Thank you for the additional pics - beautiful peacock surely adds "extraordinary" to the pics.

Here is my new Remember Me...still retaining some yellow under dappled lighting.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here