Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
don_in_colorado

'Inniswood'

don_in_colorado
10 years ago

My young 'Inniswood' is starting to get some nice color to it. Let's see yours!

Regards,
Don B.

Comments (19)

• leaflover76
    10 years ago

Mine is an introduction from last summer. Got big hopes for it.

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nice ones, peeps...Wow Paul, I like what I have to look forward to. That's what I'm talkin' about! : )

Don B.

• mctavish6
    10 years ago

Here's one for you. I've had it a long time and it's enormous. The group it's in was 'fixed' last year to create space. It's again so crowded I need to do something. They have gone from being friendly to elbowing each other in the face.

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wow, you ain't kidding, McT! I didn't even realize they got that big....You import some of your sister's plant steriods for your 'Inniswood'?? : )

Thanks for the Pics,
    Don B.

• almosthooked zone5
    10 years ago

Don, Now you can see why I had to have one too but Myrle has a BIG one ! Like most of her plants. they are to drool over and over again. Another one of hers II kept asking " what is this? " I had to have it too

• paula_b_gardener 5b_ON
    10 years ago

McTavish, your Inniswood is gorgeous!

I bought mine this year and I haven't planted it yet as I am in the midst of making the bed for it.

{{gwi:1050015}}

• Lee
    10 years ago

Inniswood can get big Don, I took a few divisions of the plant earlier this year and here is one of them getting big already.

This post was edited by melati on Sun, Jul 7, 13 at 23:45

• paula_b_gardener 5b_ON
    10 years ago

Melati, the colour of yours is lovely!

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I think this is going to end up being another favorite!

Don B.

• paula_b_gardener 5b_ON
    10 years ago

Is it just me or does this hosta look a bit like Paradigm?

• User
    10 years ago

I have it from this year only, since I was led astray by beautiful pictures and had to have it. I did not realize its family came from Aspen Gold. Oh boy, I got that one last year, both are doing very nicely.

Here is Inniswood

and Aspen Gold taken late in June. It says this one gets up to 5 feet wide? Inniswood looks to be equally vigorous. Oh boy!

• Eleven
    10 years ago

I was lucky to find a mature Inniswood already living in my garden when we bought the house. I moved it over a few feet last year, and it doesn't seem to have minded.

• serenitycove
    10 years ago

Here's my 'Inniswood'. I think this one is about 5 years old. It keeps getting prettier every year.

• paula_b_gardener 5b_ON
    10 years ago

Serenity, that is so pretty. So glad I have that to look forward to :)

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wow, you all have some awesome plants. Like Paula B. says, something great to look forward to. Thanks.

Don B.

• Lee
    10 years ago

Paula, you will need more sun to get the brighter yellow/gold color :)

• paula_b_gardener 5b_ON
    10 years ago

'More' sun - the bed is sun from morning until about 3pm - too much?

• User
    10 years ago

Our 4 days of rain ended (I think) and after I take a power nap I'm headed out to the Back40 and the hosta empire. Must check for any victims of moisture and humidity before it takes out more of my hosta. I mixed up some ammonia/water to soak the soil of the ones with signs of cutworm damage. Also, I think the ammonia will discourage the fire ants from moving into the pots. They do this after major rain events, to my distress. Must also put out more pepper, saw signs of squirrels digging in the mini hosta bowls. And they were all doing so fine too!

What I started to say and got side tracked, was, the Inniswood is in the garden behind the bananas, where the mini bowls are located. The scene came to mind and kept unfolding. Sorry. I want to see if it is okay and if it is showing new growth.