Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
terri444_gw

Great Inspirations!

Terri444
9 years ago

After many hours of learning and inspiration reading the posts on this forum, I thought my "babies" deserved to join the conversation. They have really outdone themselves this year. They thank all of the learned folks who regularly post to this site for helping me to provide a good home and great care for them!

Comments (9)

• santamiller
    9 years ago

Stunning! That looks great up against your deck.

• hostacats
    9 years ago

I agree with santamiller, awesome hosta against deck. This hosta is huge. I'm not good at identifying, but what is it??

michelle

• Terri444
    Original Author
    9 years ago

It's Blue Angel, 2nd year.

• hostahosta
    9 years ago

Very nice BA and setting. Please stay in the conversation now that you have joined.

I am also in OH, SE central. Great weather this year for the hosta!

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    9 years ago

Very nice plant and welcome.

tj

• User
    9 years ago

Terri, what a beautiful hosta!
    So pleased to have you share your Blue Angel with us. It is outstanding! And oh my, a real young plant, cannot wait to see what it does NEXT YEAR!

You will hang with us, don't forget how to come back? We'll be doing a Wintertime Hosta Alphabet where everyone plays like Old Maids (card game way back when) and we put up photos of our plants by A-B-C-D names. I think that starts in January, after everything is settled down for the winter and we all need a new FIX and some ideas for new plants for spring delivery via mail orders.

You are in a great location to visit some of the best hosta growers in the country, nurseries, I mean. What good luck.

• hostacats
    9 years ago

Terri if that's a blue angel in 2nd year I am doomed for sure. Mind you the ones I have are in their third year and not very big yet. I DON'T have it in the right spot, and probably doesn't get enough sun too. They will be moved. 6-7 feet across I don't know where to put it. I have empress wu in front....

• Terri444
    Original Author
    9 years ago

This hosta as most others I own are from Mr. Corey in Chillicothe, Ohio. He has forgotten more than I will ever know about hosta. He has coached me over the last three years and as a result I have some great healthy hosta. I am addicted!

• hostacats
    9 years ago

Way to go Terri.....I pretty much learned on my own, cuz I liked them. I cannot find anybody with knowledge here at all not even nurseries. I would read books or look online at lots of hostas and read. THIS YEAR like just a few weeks ago I joined this forum and I have learned lots from the people on here that are so well educated in hostas. I hope to know as much as they do one day. I've only had hosta for about 5 years and in beginning just made a small bed under living room window. My obsession has gotten me over 250 hostas, but they are a lot of repeats. Now I am into collecting or starting to collect hostas that I don't have.

Michelle