Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cokomo_gw

need id help

Cokomo
9 years ago

but i cant figure out how to post a picture. the option to upload an image is not available. any suggestions?

Comments (8)

• Cokomo
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Figured out how to do it...here's the pic.

This post was edited by Cokomo on Thu, Jul 17, 14 at 9:47

• bkay2000
    9 years ago

If you clicked the browse button in the gray bar above the message box, went to the photo on your computer and clicked open, then the only problem is the editing thing.

You can't edit the thread after you add the photo. It looks like it's still there, but it's not. Adding the photo should be the last thing you do after you have the words the way you want them.

Just go to your thread, click edit and add the photo again.

If that doesn't help, let us know.

bk

• Cokomo
    Original Author
    9 years ago

can you see it now?

• paul_in_mn
    9 years ago

Yes pic is there now. On initial post of a new thread, the option to add photo is not avail until after you do a preview. On additional posts the photo option is available both before or after preview - just a quirk.

You can go back and add a photo with edit post. Still one pic limit with option GW provides. For multiple pics in a post you will need photos to be on a internet pic hosting site like Flickr, Photobucket, etc. Or create a collage of pics thru pic editing software like Picasa.

Paul

• User
    9 years ago

Without telling the scale of this picture, I'm going to hazard a guess that it might be Rainforest Sunrise. I include a picture of mine from last year which approximates your plant.

Tell us how you came to have the plant....did you buy it, and if so when. Did you move to a house where it was planted....or did someone give it to you. And about how long ago so we can tell what it could NOT be as well as what it MIGHT be.

Someone will drop by who has a good estimate for you. The yellows with green margins are my favorite variegation and I have many similar to yours, including RF Sunrise.

• Cokomo
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Ok, i bought it about one month ago and planted in my front yard under my pine tree. i bought it from a nursery in town. i've always loved hostas but never had a shady area to plant them. Overzellous I guess, I panted all around the tree with different types of hostas and did not keep a record of anything. Ive been able to identify all the others except this one. it does look like your picture but the name does not sound familiar. the one distinguishing trait is that the new leaves seem to start out curly.

• TheHostaCottage
    9 years ago

Could it be a young Stained Glass?

• Cokomo
    Original Author
    9 years ago

After review in the Hosta Library I do believe it is the stained glass hosta. Thank you hippieindenial and everyone else for your responses.