Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hostahosta

Smooth hosta

hostahosta
9 years ago

Paul did a thread on the rugose (which I really love) but how about some contrast. Do you have any hosta with smoooooth leaves?

Moon Lily. Looks like satin, can't even see the veins.

Comments (27)

• paul_in_mn
    9 years ago

Jaz

Paul

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    9 years ago

Here are some of my smoothies :-)

9 years ago

Swirls is ever so pretty a streaker...and smooth...and a few leaves displaying some piecrusting already! I recall reading in an older thread where Idiothe mentions it as one of his favourites - I can now understand why.

9 years ago

Beilstein's streaker from Devon...very smooth and sweet!

9 years ago

Here is one you don't see enough of...Kifukurin Otome - a sweet and demure little mini, very smooth leaf surface with a thin golden edge (kifukurin in Japanese).

9 years ago

Cherry Berry is definitely in the "smooth and satiny" category.

9 years ago

Almost forgot an obvious one...Rainbow's End...can't see any veins on this one...barely?

9 years ago

Fire and Ice I consider to be of smooth leaf...I have to search for veins in this photo...I had to include the Pardon My Pink Monarda because of the bee...look for the yellow dot at bottom of pic.

Bees are so single- minded, aren't they? In their ceaseless quest for nectar they are oblivious to us humans...we may as well be invisible! It was flying against my long skirt to get at the flower, lol! Amazing and endearing creatures.

9 years ago

The gorgeous classic, the diva herself...Plantaginea!

• Kate1970
    9 years ago

Lakeside Meter Maid

Cascades

Small Parts

Penny Lane feels smooth and shiny.

Lakeside Dragonfly

Irish Luck

Korean Snow

Mountain Mist

White Elephant

• mbug_gw
    9 years ago

Smoothies
    Rainbow's End

Moonstruck

Obsession....smooth as silk

I agree with Jo about Fire and Ice

• unbiddenn
    9 years ago

Obsession is beautiful, now added to my list.

• ninamarie
    9 years ago

Slick Willie. It's smooth as silk; impossible to avoid stroking when I pass by.

• brandys_garden
    9 years ago

Here's my Wolverine yesterday. He seems pretty smooth.

• sandyslopes z5 n. UT
    9 years ago

All nice pictures! A special kudos to mbug for that really beautiful Fire & Ice photo. You caught it just right when the sun was making those lavender flowers glow.

• don_in_colorado
    9 years ago

All That Jazz

Don B.

• irawon
    9 years ago

Hostahosta,

I've been meaning to post a picture... here's Grand Tiara, an oldie but one I really like.

Josephine, you're getting really good with those collages.

Enjoying everybody's posts too.

• irawon
    9 years ago

One picture...four hostas...all smooth, I think. Front to back: Illicit Affair (tiny division, dug up by squirrel early spring), Gemstone, Rainbow's End, Sugar and Spice.

I have McTavish to thank for introducing me to Sugar & Spice. I love it...nice and shiny and frilly...picture doesn't do it justice. Thanks Merle.

• irawon
    9 years ago

Country Mouse. Not a mouse ear hosta...a sport of Bill Dress' Blue, I believe.

• paul_in_mn
    9 years ago

Peppermint Ice - 4th year in this pic, cool colors but so slow. Growing in shade and get some melt out in center.

Paul

This post was edited by paul_in_mn on Tue, Jul 15, 14 at 12:35

• irawon
    9 years ago

Cherry Tomato, sport of Cherry Berry. Likes to sport solid green leaves.

• irawon
    9 years ago

Paradise Joyce...love this one for colour.

• irawon
    9 years ago

Oshima Silk, new last year.

• irawon
    9 years ago

Three smoothies in this pic. From top right: Cracker Crumbs, Cherish and Gosan Leather Strap.

9 years ago

Irawon, thanks! Having fun and sometimes I just want to post one pic of several hostas -easy!

Love your Paradise Joyce and your Cracker Crumbs is quite large...hmmm either I practice patience, or put my divisions together for more impact! Nice pics!

Could not resist the smoothness of the leaf on Cathedral Windows' flower scape.

Jo

• irawon
    9 years ago

Rock Island line in the middle with his smooth friends:

Appletini (top)
    Gosan Leather Strap #2 (right) really fast grower
    Coconut Custard (bottom)
    Pixie Vamp (left)
    Cameo (left of Appletini)
    Bitsy Gold (spider-like)

Well it's stopped raining, going outside now to dig some holes, so i can get some of the hostas in this thread. Thanks guys for the enabling.

• irawon
    9 years ago

Josephine, Cracker Crumbs is at the base of the bird bath, gets copious watering from my hubby as he fills it for the birds and the birds as they splash about.

Tortifrons, finally putting on some muscle.