Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ID help please

Posted by hostatsoh none (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 25, 14 at 9:50

I've had this plant for many years now and have never known it's name. It's 10" x 24" in size. Can anyone ID it for me?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ID help please

Golden Tiara.

Steve

o

agree ..

you could pull that apart into about 50 plants.. and line that walkway ... plantign them about 8 to 12 inches apart ... it would be stunning in a year or two ...

a real rabbit when it comes to multiplying...

ken

o

Thank you both for your input. Great if I had a walkway to line. If my CPO gets wind of the idea she is likely to have me put in a walkway just to have a place to utilize your suggestion...we'll leave the plant alone.

o

well.. what is that board there.. the deck edge ... thats the straight line i was talking about ...

that SS clone is going to swallow it up anyway ... think about how to utilize this one.. it will be much easier to dig.. than that SS in a year or two ...

Here is a link that might be useful: CPO??? .. your chief petty officer????

o

CPO is his wife, Ken. LOL Get with the program!

o

crikey .... i figured that..

but why call her a chief petty officer ... or corn production officer ... or any of the other acronyms ...

or even worse ... crude palm oil ...

ken

ps: if it is military.. semper fi ... or any appropriate service related equivalent.. and thank you for your service ... i dont know what to say though.. if you are referring to crude palm oil ... ???? ...

o

Hahahaha Ken...just had to giggle at this one. I agree with Ken though, thatv little baby back there needs some recognition on its own.

o

CPO - Chief Purchasing Officer. And she is good at it.
That board is the top of a retaining wall that is part of our two tiered Pergola/deck/garden. It's too valuable of a space to offer it up to The Golden Tiara as a border. I'll only be faced with a larger intrusion down the road. As in the past I'll split the Tiara as necessary and give the splits away or perhaps replace it with something else.

o

you did a beautiful job there

jill

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here