Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
anyone have fluctuans variegated????

Posted by ken_adrian MI z5 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 24, 14 at 10:06

ken

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: anyone have fluctuans variegated????

Yes, indeed I do! It is now called 'Sagae'.
Any specific reason for asking about this one?

Here is a link that might be useful: Some background on fluctuans

This post was edited by josephines67 on Thu, Jul 24, 14 at 10:55

o

yeah.. i wanted to know.. how many got their WISH LIST out to write down a new name ...

aCTUALLY.. WHAT TRIGGERED THIS.. WAS HOW TO PronOUNCE SAGAE ... carp ... darn little finger jitters.. lol ...

and remebered that fluctuans .. was easier... fluc-chew-ans

and then i decided it probably wasnt ....

ken

ps: its still 3 syllables though

o

Yeah,I have a couple Sah Ga Ehs in my garden,though neither one looks good this year! Phil

o

Phil, did you buy them or divide from one? Did u get new flush of leaves after the injuries? Mine is gorgeous but I am getting a hankering for making more.... And canno decide whether I should leave the beauty alone...

Ken, funny guy ... you are positively playful today! Wish list... Lol lol lol

o

No,Jo,I had one from awhile ago,but the new one was the biggest one,until this spring. No,it never grew any more eyes after the leaves were damaged. I will have to wait until next year,if I want to see if it retiurns to its former glory. Phil

o

I'm sure it will, Phil...after all, the energy it would have spent this year has been stored for next year where it will absolutely amaze you. At least, that is what I tell myself. In any event, this 3-syllabled beauty shall shine again! :-)
Have a great day! Today is such a beautiful day..it was only 6 early this morning, but 22 now with just the right amount of wind...

o

Here is Fluctuans and Fluctuans Variegated(Sagae).

photo 2014Hostas002_zpsad9af54c.jpg

photo 2014Hostas004_zps8ce4faa6.jpg

o

Yikes! For the hefty size and Yummy for the looks of these two!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here