Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hosta Flower pics

Posted by hostahosta Z6OH (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 19, 14 at 10:18

The flowers on my hosta enchanted me yesterday. Hope you enjoy these pics.

Blazing Saddles

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hosta Flower pics

Blueberry Muffin

o

Deep Blue Sea

o

Lemon Delight

o

Earth Angel

o

Sum and Substance

o

Twilight

Thanks for looking. Please post your flower pics too.

o

Look at you go!! Hostahosta, those are beautiful flowers.
I hope DonnaDelaware sees this thread and can post her Grape Fizz flowers. Probably they will be opening soon too.

I have some to show, if my hand will be steady enough. Love the flower pictures.

Sitting very quietly late in the day, surrounded by some fragrant hosta I'd moved out of place to get some of the watering, the water off, and just sitting there, I noticed several bees (not honeybees but another kind) visiting the open blossoms.

Royal Standard seemed to be a favorite, as was Honeybells. Then oh yeah, look at them on Bette Davis Eyes with its lavender flowers, a smoky lavender. They went around to others as well, but kept coming back to these fragrant ones in the late rays of sunlight. For some reason, the newly open flower of Fried Bananas did not interest them. I'm hoping to find some scapes forming fat full pods in a few weeks, and I'll remember sitting there, quietly watching as nature took care of the business of reproduction.

DSCN0460

ventricosa and Holly's Dazzler
IMG_20140531_193210

o

Fragrant Dream

bk

o

Hosta, flower pics are always welcoming to me and these are no exception.
Here are a few I took minutes ago.

o

I've been playing around an update on Photogrid...but here are a few close ups..

o

Another but a small cutie

o

The Queen of...

o

Rain...

o

Fingertip

o

Golden Tiara

o

Great flower photos hostahosta, moc, bk, and jo! I have a couple to share. The first one is Brother Stefan.

o

And my other one is Atlantis.

o

OK. I lied. One more. Minuteman.

o

Key Lime Pie

Karen

o

Tepelus, great close up of Key Lime Pie.
There is a lot of variation in the makeup of a hosta flower.
Neat.

o

Glorious photos, ladies. Grape Fizz doesn't bloom until early September. I hope it really shows off this year. My biggest disappointment was Ventricosa. It had 26 scapes and the deer ate them all. This is a photo from last year.

o

Kokuryu seedling

exp136OPxkokuryu

Another seedling I like for its flowers is LS Old Smokey x Miss Linda Smith

LS Old Smokey x MLS

Steve

This post was edited by steve_mass on Sun, Jul 20, 14 at 7:25

o

Wow to all. Those are just fabulous. I need to check out my Key Lime Pie today, flowers should be opening. My ventricosa is done, pretty while they lasted. Glad hosta don't all bloom at the same time\. There is still more to come!

o

Avocado taken today

o

Cerveza, another fragrant, this one already setting multiple seedpods.

o

Hydon Sunset has nice deep purple flowers.

Karen

o

Cathedral Windows

o

Cathedral Windows...smell gooood...

Don B.

o

Hey, Don! Glad you are enjoying fragrance in your garden....I'm still waiting for a scape to form here on my new CW...better look again tomorrow.

Steve_Mass - love that red striped flower!

Karen, I detected fragrance on my Hydon Sunset today! Take a whiff of yours and tell me if you find it scented. Very light and pretty! :-)

o

Beautiful Hydon Sunset bloom, Karen. Wish I could get those closeup shots without wiggling my hands. I'll have to look into that one's background. Also the one Steve displays.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here