Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ron livingston email

Posted by ken_adrian MI z5 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 20, 14 at 10:35

having switched computers over the years.. i have lost rons email ... the FOOS page has an old email... which is probably the one on my old computer.. go figure ...

can anyone email me DIRECT.. thru my members page.. a more current email ... please do not post it here ...

I WARN YOU ... if you guys let me down.. i will have to review other sources.. lol ...

thx

ken

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ron livingston email

ok try again

This post was edited by allnitro on Mon, Jul 21, 14 at 20:12

o

• Posted by Eleven Michigan 6A (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 21, 14 at 7:46

"please do not post it here" oops!

o

thx for the email ... i got it.. and am in contact ...

and thx for editing it out ...

what flower is that???

ken

o

• Posted by Babka 9b NorCal (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 22, 14 at 13:35

Allnitro- Ooooh that photo! Then I saw the name on it. Do you know Leafy? He disappeared from the radar a few years ago. His avatar was out of this world! He always made me laugh.

-Babka

o

Hi, Ken! I was thumbing through the Hosta Library and noticed that RL is the photographer that took the pic of your Ken Marek hosta, which by the way, is lovely.

I'm my mind I am imagining that you are having him over to take pics of your gardens and hostas...which a lot of us would love to see, me especially ......I've asked before...and every once in awhile, I'll ask again...and hope ;-)
You have a beautiful property, many gardens, gorgeous trees, conifers and countless beautiful (imagining) hostas.......anyway, hi and have a nice hosta kind of day!

o

• Posted by Eleven Michigan 6A (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 22, 14 at 15:48

Josephine, lol, I know I'd like to see his garden! I'm actually going to be in the area August 3 and was thinking of asking to visit. But then I wondered if that would be too intrusive. I promise I'm not a stalker. We're all hosta addicts here.

o

Eleven, I hope Ken sees this...you could try emailing him through the members' page as well. What a treat that would be, wouldn't it?

o

ron contacted me.. back in the dark ages.. to learn how to grow hosta under lights ...

when i moved.. he came over.. i gave him the cream of what was left of my streaked seedlings ... me having kept the best few but with hundreds left ... he was just starting in breeding at the time .. on one visit he brought Stuart Ashe with him ...

one of the babe streakers... a bravo OP I THINK... settled out and he named it ken marek ... took a pic of it... and gave me a piece ...

what really blows my mind... is that some guy named ken marek in NY paid him something like 500$ for it...

but i never got my cut.. lol ...

ken

o

LOL...so that's how that story goes... You are a good story teller, Ken!

How are the streakers you were saving in your little "red corvette" a little while ago doing?

I guess for now my imagination will have to ramble on....dreaming of hosta pics....from Michigan...

o

they are all dead ...

its easy to tell a good story.. when you dont have to make up carp .. lol ...

ken

o

Ken, I am really sorry to hear you lost those lovely streakers. Bummer! :-(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here