Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kate1970_gw

Help me ID these 2 please.

Kate1970
9 years ago

These hosta's came from a local reputable nursery which is also my former employer. I acquired them several years ago when we purchased a house that has a lot of shade. I'm hoping you guys can help me ID them. Unless its a smack in the face hosta (what I like to call the 10 foot rule) I'm not so great with id's.

Your help is most appreciated!

NOID # 1

="http:>

NOID # 2

="http:>

This post was edited by Kate1970 on Tue, Jul 29, 14 at 10:58

Comments (11)

• evermore_gw z 4/5 NB
    9 years ago

They look like Fragrant Bouquet and Gold Standard.

Steve

• evermore_gw z 4/5 NB
    9 years ago

Or possibly Stained Glass for number 2.

• hostas_for_barb
    9 years ago

Noid #1 certainly looks like my fragrant bouquet.

• Kate1970
    Original Author
    9 years ago

After looking it up yes I would definitely agree that number one is Fragrant Bouquet. Thanks so much Steve, Evermore and Barb! One down one to go! :)

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    9 years ago

Kate, how are you holding up? Healing quickly, I hope? :-)

Your second photo is a dead ringer for Stained Glass...Evermore Steve has the bingo! Pics 1&2 on Hosta Library confirm your pic.

Wish all were this easy!

Take care,

Jo.

• Kate1970
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hey Jo!

I'm hanging in have some issues from the concussion, I keep having 'word salad' I know in my head what I want to say but what's coming out of my mouth is entirely different. :( Luckily there's an edit button for GW. Now if there was something for my migraines and back pain! :)

Thanks for your help and thinking of me.

Mystery solved!

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    9 years ago

Advil gel capsules, extra strength for migraine...give it a try..might even help the back hopefully at the same time. Your "word salad" made me chuckle at your great sense of humour - but it must be very disconcerting for you. I'm sure you must be under medical scrutiny for a while...a concussion can bring about the strangest side-effects, can't it?

I was admiring my Guardian Angel today, took a pic and thought of you, all at the same time. I think I will always associate G A with "Kate".

Have a great day!

Jo

P.S. You have well-grown hostas, too! Every pic so far shows that your hostas are very happy - and large/mature.

• DelawareDonna
    9 years ago

Awakening Angel - Another hosta to associate with you, Kate. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
    {{gwi:1052417}}

DD

• Kate1970
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Jo thanks so much. I am under the watchful eye of my MD, my Chriropractor, husband and sister in law! And if I'm not careful my mother and MIL lol. Meanwhile I'm so frustrated, I mean I could be outside gardening or visiting my local hosta haunts! :P

The word salad is kinda freaking me out. My husband drove me to pick up a prescription and I walked past the entrance and around the side of the building until I caught myself and had to walk back. I was glad my husband was not paying attention or he would have stayed home another day. I have a Made in the Shade order coming tomorrow that he doesn't and will not know about! :P

Donna that's a gorgeous hosta! Thanks for thinking of me!!! :)

• don_in_colorado
    9 years ago

I, and H. ' Katie Q', Hope you soon feel better, too! : )

Hang in there!!

Regards,
    Don B.

• User
    9 years ago

I did not know of your mishap, Kate.
    Here is the biggest and bestest and newest flower to open in my garden, a six inch long Mama plantaginea fragrant bloom, just opened at dark tonight. I was there taking every few seconds a new shot. This one is better in focus, I have a wiggly hand, so not fully open. You should smell it! Wow.

And the Advil, that is the best. I use the gelcaps too, Take with food.