Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lakeside Shore Master

Posted by paul_in_mn 4b (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 10, 12 at 11:09

A good grower, starting to take on some character in the leaves. Center brightens to yellow in sun and heat of summer. Medium to large in size. This is 3rd season - after two years grown in a pot.
Hosta 'Lakeside Shore Master'

Thanks for looking. Please share your pics.

Paul

Here is a link that might be useful: HL: Lakeside Shore Master

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lakeside Shore Master

Lovely LSM, Paul. Mine is only in its second year. Just wondering whether you leave those leaves on the ground all summer as a mulch. I've been removing mine because I thought leaving the leaves would encourage slugs and earwigs. But you don't appear to have that problem if you do. Your hostas all appear happy with what you do.

o

My Lakeside Shoremaster this year,is better than it's ever been. This is a pic from back in April,but it is even bigger and better now. Phil

Photobucket

o

Two very nice plants. Phil, that light you have in the forest is ethereal.

Steve

o

irawon, I do use leaves for mulch. Only one bed where I get much slug damage. I use Bug-Getta where ever I see slugs...and it helps. Also 10% ammonia to water sprayed around base and down petioles. Usually spray at dusk or later when slugs are starting to get active. Haven't done much this year.

Paul

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here