Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jagd51

ID Please

Jagd51
10 years ago

Can any of you help ID this plant? The top right corner is Satisfaction and the top center is Wave Runner. I just hate not knowing, and want to ask for more ID's but one at a time so it is not confusing. This plant is 2 years here and has formed a lovely clump....bigger than Satisfaction that is a year older. No flowers yet. Thanks for your help

Comments (5)

• User
    10 years ago

Depending on the texture and substance of the leaves, it has a similarity to Fragrant Dream. Although FD has a creamy margin and not a greenish chartreuse margin, but with the blue green mid-leaf.

Here is my Fragrant Dream for comparison to your NOID. Taken in May.

• leaflover76
    10 years ago

My guess is Fortunei Aureomarginata

• bkay2000
    10 years ago

Today, that looks most like my Frances Williams. Both my Fortunei Aureomarginata and Fragrant Dream have cream colored margins at this time of year. FW always has green edges at my house.

bk

• Jagd51
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I was sent a plant as Mildred Seaver, but it was solid green, no edge, and another that was labelled Fat Cat, which had edges, so I thought maybe the tags got switched, but I don't think it lookes like the pictures in the Hosta Library.....Just wondered if any of you might be able to tell. I have Frances Williams, Fragrant Dream and f. Aureomarginata and it is not a match for any of them. I will see what happens when it blooms, and maybe post with a size reference. Thanks for your help though! Like I said, just drives me crazy not knowing.....

• evermore_gw z 4/5 NB
    10 years ago

I think you have Abiqua Moonbeam. I hope to feature this one as Hosta of the Day soon. You can tell me what you think.

Steve