Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
This year's hosta haul

Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 9, 12 at 11:16

I decided to buy a few more and then DH started to get into the act! I would like some more with really nice flowers. Anyone know any good ones? Together we bought:
Francee
Guacomole
Alakazaam
Ann Kulpa
Avocado
Cherry Tart
Rhino Hide
Fantasy Island
First Frost
Loyalist
Francee
So Sweet
Gypsy Rose
Stiletto
Ripple Effect
Marilyn Monroe
Dream Weaver
Patriot
Hadspen Blue
Fragrant Bouquet
The Razor's Edge
and Sugar Daddy
Marg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: This year's hosta haul

Plantaginea with those huge white fragrant lily-size flowers; Fuji-Botan for double flowers are two of my favorites. Little Kabitan that I use for an edger has dark purple flowers.

There was a thread on this forum last week about flowers and pods, it's probably a page or two back now but it has beautiful photos.

What a great selection you picked! Lots of variety.

Sandy

o

Good picks! I guess by now you know we don't grow hostas for their flowers. Some of the nicest are from Ventricosa,which are deep purple. All the Plantaginea,sports have fragrant flowers,and some of them are pure white. Phil

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 9, 12 at 13:51

I started out buying hostas for just the foliage but now I really like some of the flowers as well. thanks for the tips. Sandy, I'll look for that post. Marg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here