Frisian Pride
Gila River
Happily Ever After
Lipstick Blonde
Oshima Silk
pycnophylla
Triple Ripple
...I have also receive for free Stuck in Time

They are all beautiful, but I was impressed by the elegance of Happily Ever After, wavy dark green leaves with a thin white margin, ...I'd love to see yours with these characteristics.

Comments (23)

• hostanista
    9 years ago

I aspire to take photographs as lovely as yours one day. You truly have the eye for angles, lighting, etc. Very talented.

I just bought a baby Regal Splendor ($5!!) and liked the creamy thin edge.

• leaflover76
    9 years ago

Crested Surf

Dark Star (bought it last year but fell in love with it this year)

Mountain Snow (grows slow but its worth waiting for..its beautiful)

Sea Dream

Summer Fragrance

Winter Snow

Alligator Shoes

St. Elmo's Fire

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    9 years ago

It took awhile to find a white margin thin enough as you had asked...Wheee! Happens to have a few thin enough and almost white...so pretty I had to post it...maybe it's pale yellow, but let's pretend its white, ok? By next week it'll be white! Lol

9 years ago

Leaf lover, your Mountain Snow IS gorgeous!
    I also love my Dark Star. Margins are not thin anymore, neither is Francee's anymore but D S it is!

Thank you for indulging me, LUUK. Otherwise I could not join in the fun!

9 years ago

My. Barbara Ann is still young enough to display a thin white margin...

• luuk
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hostanista, you are very kind, thank you ...nice thin margin on your baby!

Leaf76, I love the Grey-green leaves of your Alligator Shoes, I added to my list. I also like Dark Star, looks great!

no no Josy, I want only pure white! Lol ...but ...for this time I pretend to be colorblind.
    Wheee! is really interesting, a very distinctive hosta, ...must have.

• hostahosta
    9 years ago

Small green with narrow white edge: Allan P. McConnell. Very neat, tidy, good edger. Not a standout, but nice and dense, and grows quickly.

• User
    9 years ago

Luuk, not familiar with your gift plant, unless it is STITCH In Time? I could not find reference to stuck.

I think the name comes from the old adage "Stitch in time saves nine." But the plant has stitching in the midleaf area. I had one of those, it never thrived, and then it died. End of story.

I got it in 2012 and it died that winter.

• DonnaDelaware
    9 years ago

Frozen Margarita - The white margin doesn't get any thinner then this.

{{gwi:1053116}}

DD

• luuk
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hostahosta, that's a nice thin margin, thanks!

Mocc, Stuck in Time should be a sport of Stitch in Time, I'll leave the link below. I'm sorry for the bad experience with your Stitch in Time, it would be nice to have other opinions.

Donna, if it was a contest, you would have won ;-) thx

Here is a link that might be useful: Stuck in Time

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    9 years ago

Thanks, hostahosta for that pic of a mature Allan P. McConnell. I picked one up this spring and that is the look I was hoping for given where I plan to use it.

tj

• User
    9 years ago

DDonna, another fragrant one for you....I guess you like the golds and fragrants like I do. As much as you know about different varieties and with such a limited space to plant, you chose two gold fragrants (and Guacamole) for your exquisite public garden. That says a lot about their staying power.

I just took a picture of mine in the twilight here, if I can find it I'll shoot it right below here....

In fact, there is another thin white line fragrant hosta right beside Frozen Margarita....it is Fragrant Fire, a bit darker and brighter green. Both of them are in bloom side by side, which is why I took their picture tonight. Their blooms are about as long as my index finger. Sure do like those fragrant golds!

The picture is right side up, the scapes are what is horizontal. :) Heavy heavy after a rain.

• User
    9 years ago

Oh goodness Luuk, I did not realize your Stuck In Time was in this same thread, I would have replied as one post.

No kidding about that being a new hosta. I'll have to check for it on this side of the ocean. Not that I keep up with what is the latest in hosta, but I do love a good gold. I won't say anything bad about Stitch In Time, the plant itself. It was more than likely a weak example from tissue culture. It was so small. By all means get other experience with it because I have heard nothing.

• luuk
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Mocc, maybe your plant did not like being in the yellow pot ! Lol

A couple more... Triple Ripple, extremely thin margin

Oshima Silk

• funnthsun z7A - Southern VA
    9 years ago

How about this sport of Antioch?

• luuk
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Funn, I think is splendid, ...has a name?

• funnthsun z7A - Southern VA
    9 years ago

Not yet, it sported for me this year, so we'll see how it develops in the next few. Very cupped, as you can see. Looking forward to seeing this one grow.

• luuk
    Original Author
    9 years ago

HostaT, I like your photo so much, ...nice plant, nice colors, nice background!

As I have said many times, Moonlight is one of my favorite.

9 years ago

Francee. Here is a legitimate entry after all, LUUK, lol!
    Josy

• luuk
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Josy...

• hostatakeover swMO
    9 years ago

Funn, was looking at your sport of Antioch and it's really unique! Very exciting! Are you comfortable showing a picture of the whole plant?

Wooooow, luuk, LOVE your Moonlight. There's just something about that Hosta that excites the senses. Fantastic colors, thin tease of a white border, and the thin, barely perceptible dark green that separates the white from the rest of the colors. Wowza.

9 years ago

Lol, LUUK - thanks a bunch! You and Hostatakover have just enabled me! I love Moonlight...on my list! Thanks, eh?!