Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this a Baby's Breath?

Posted by Planter91 6b (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 26, 14 at 11:35

Need to be staked to stop leaning. No flowers.

Only an hour or two of Sun, daily. Less as August and September arrives. Not blooming at all.

Zone 6b Massachusetts.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this a Baby's Breath?

any particular reason you ask in the hosta forum???

looks more like a coreopsis to me..

try the name that plant forum ... if the hosta fiends fail you ...

good luck

ken

o

There's a lot of different gypsophilas, but this doesn't look like any of the more common ones to me. Most of them have much smaller, more lance-shaped leaves and more of them. Not trying to disparage your plant there, but are you sure it's not just a weed? What's the background story here? Defin not a hosta, so maybe this question might be better suited for the name that plant forum, as Ken suggested.

o

but if you posted here.. because you love.. feel free to continue ...i was just trying to point out.. that we are kinda uni-focused.. lol ... there may be better places to get more opinion ....

whatever it is.. its weakly ... not growing straight up ... because it is probably a full sun plant.. in too much shade ... but now is not the time to move it into full sun ...

ken

ps: is uni-focused a word... lol ... perhaps tunnel vision is a better pair of words ...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here