Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Midwest Magic

Posted by stoc 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 18, 14 at 11:58

This one has amazed me at how much it has grown and how nice it is. Year 2 for me.

Just got back from the USA and am thrilled how much everything has grown.

This post was edited by stoc on Fri, Jul 18, 14 at 11:59

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Midwest Magic

First year all taped up-

o

Looks a lot like Avocado in that photo.

bk

o

It sure has grown a lot and it looks great!

Linda

o

My Midwest Magic is five years old and has been moved twice

o

Now that's pretty, Gary! My favorite variegation. And it sets seedpods too? Nice.

I do not have Midwest Magic. Instead I have Erie Magic which came as a gift with an order. I'm thinking MWM is more spectacular.

Here is Erie Magic showing a bit of edge on it, although it begins as a solid sort of gold color.

o

That's beautiful! I bought a Midwest Magic from Chic at Bridgewood Gardens about a month ago and its about to burst out of its pot. Seems like a vigorous grower, excited about getting it into the ground! :)

o

Stoc, glad everything did well in your absence...sure is good to be back home with the hostas, isn't it?

That satiny glow sure draws me in, just like magic! Beautiful!
Jo

o

This is a fairly old classic, a good grower, and beautiful to boot. Bonus - old= cheap ;-)

o

So looks like I can look forward to some corrugation,that's an added bonus I didn't know about.

It's great to be back with the hostas.I actually planned the trip around them.Guess I'm getting a problem.

Noticed when I was in Ohio and Michigan that they were growing like weeds everywhere,the sizes of some that I saw.Jeesh!

One of the things I looked for last year when I placed my first order was price as this is my apt, buildings back yard.The older classic ones I love and the bonus is the lower price, But this year some pricer ones got selected.Looking at prices in the shops in the states,I realized what good pricing I get through the Netherlands and the ones I looked at were not as big as the ones I get mail order here. I am happy that I have a great dealer,I mean supplier.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here