Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2014 , the seedling year

Posted by almosthooked 5 a BC (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 13, 14 at 12:30

This morning touring to find who has the seedlings and that would be the ones under
1, Tokad. Flav.
2. Karen ( or Parky/s prize)
3. Elegan Emperor ( 2 plants)
4 Willy Nilly
5. Elegans

Plus the 14 seedlings from last year that are larger now and need to be moved. Still finding time to weed out. The little ones I took the seed pods and set under the mother plant and are about the size of a small finger nail.

Sad to say the seeds that Dan'sgarden sent me for my birthday all never showed up. I should have just sprinkled them under another hosta to sprout there. Too bad as they would have been real beauties too

Who else found seedlings and who is the mother plant?

Faye

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2014 , the seedling year

Just found 6 small seedling under MONTANA AUREOMARGINATA .

o
RE: 2014 , the seedling year

Good show there, Faye.

I'm thinking about some pots I have which show small things growing off to the side, but in the pot itself. They could be seedlings, because they are not next to the eyes of the main plant in the pot. They could even be seedlings from aneighboring pot.

Last fall I did not cut off the seedpods until very late, and some had opened and spilled the seeds somewhere. Hopefully some of the small eyes I'm seeing will be seedlings and not related to the potted larger hosta.

Too small to judge right now, but I wonder if I could pull them out, make note of where they came from, and grow them on as UNKNOWN. No stripes or anything. Most of my streakers arrived this year. I only had Stargate last year, and it is said to be sterile.

I'll be able to join in the seedling fun next year since I am including a seedling space in the hosta garden. Working on that now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here