Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
H. BulletProof

Posted by plantbug 7 NC (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 4, 12 at 12:38

I got my BulletProof from Bob Solberg last Sep 2011. Looks like another beauty.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: H. BulletProof

Plantbug,

That one looks kind of green/blue. Has it lost some wax? Is it in some sun or is that the normal color?

Steve

o
RE: Bullet Proof

Steve,

I noticed mine has more green color than yours. I also checked on Bob's web site:

"its incredible substance or its rich deep blue color that lasts well into summer."

I picked this up at his nursery. I would probably say the heat because we have had no rain and it gets very little sun in the early morning.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bulletproof

o

Mine is also looking a tad more green than blue now. Will be moving it this fall to a much shadier spot.

o

Yeah, it's probably the heat. I see it's a tetraploid sport of Halcyon. Should be pretty blue.

BTW, It's Paul that picked up one of these. I don't own one. I wonder if his is still waxy blue. How cool that you live close enough to Bob to visit his nursery.

Steve

o

DW won Bulletproof as door prize recently - still blue in MN.

Paul

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here