Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
h. Nancy

Posted by bkay2000 8a TX (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 28, 12 at 13:14

I noticed that several people like h. Nancy on the yellow poll. I looked at the HL pics and wouldn't buy it from that (I wouldn't buy my favorite So Sweet from those pics, either).

Do you have a picture that shows Nancy in a way that we see why you chose it as a favorite?

bkay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: h. Nancy

• Posted by irawon Ottawa ON 5b (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 28, 12 at 14:16

Bkay I just took this picture of my Nancy today. It's in a dry spot in my garden. It's contended with tree root competition and drought this year. I didn't take a picture earlier this season but I do have a pic from last year, so you can see it when it was more yellow.

o

Sat, Jul 28, 12 at 14:23

Nancy wasn't the subject of this shot. It was Tick Tock. But you can see that it's more yellow on July 3, 2011. It's one of my favorite yellows and it's planted in mostly shade.

I think Coll123 has a good picture of hers planted in a pot.

o

Nancy on May 8th (2nd year)
Hosta 'Nancy' Pictures, Images and Photos

on July 17th
Hosta 'Nancy'

Paul

o

• Posted by irawon Ottawa, ON 5b (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 30, 12 at 3:20

Lovely Nancy, Paul. That's a nice increase in size for two months. Is that a bergenia to the left of Nancy?

o

Yes, aka Pigsqueak, have a couple growing in shade, but definitely grows much better in the sun.

Paul

o

Mon, Jul 30, 12 at 10:17

Paul, we call them Elephant Ears up here. Any idea why mine don't bloom consistently? I have some in sun and others in shade. The sun/shade quotient does't seem to be a factor and I know enough to not cut back the leaves in the fall.

o

Mine haven't bloomed yet.

Paul

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here