Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this June Fever?

Posted by maggiepie 4b (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 11, 14 at 13:43

I purchased this hosta as 'June'.
Think I have had it 4 maybe 5 years, it grows very slowly.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this June Fever?

• Posted by Babka 9b NorCal (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 11, 14 at 14:16

I don't think so. June Fever has shiny leaves, and the centers go from green to green gold over the season. It is a sport of Devon Green.

June takes on many different colors depending on where it is grown. Your hosta probably is June. It is lovely by the way.

-Babka

o

Thanks, Babka,

After looking at a lot of pics of June I had thought the leaves on my plant were too narrow to be June. Plus it goes yellow very early even though it doesn't get sun until fairly late in the afternoon.

o

Paradise Joyce is also a possibility. Pretty hosta!

o

Fri, Jul 11, 14 at 18:28

I just re-read your OP and you are right. The leaves do look too narrow for a mature June. Hmmmmmm.

-Babka

o

Looks a lot like Remember Me.

o

By George, I think Don has it! I have one but it's new and too young and still yellow centered...not familiar enough with it to recognize except for the juvie version. Sure resembles RM.

o

June Fever and Remember Me are almost identical. The best way to tell them apart is to plant them side-by-side in full sun. The leaf center on June Fever will be chartreuse to light yellow in mid-summer, while the leaf center on Remember Me will turn creamy white.

o

Fri, Jul 11, 14 at 20:52

Here is June Fever next to Remember Me. Same lighting conditions. You decide.

-Babka

photo IMG_4344_zps2fb9b734.jpg

o

Looks like Remember Me it is. Thanks Don!
Thanks for posting the pics, Babka.

o

Here's a pic from my garden today of Remember Me and June Fever planted side-by-side in full sun.
Remember Me, Lakeside Lollipop, June Fever, Thumbs Up photo 100_6317_zpse1613a6b.jpg

o

Sun, Jul 13, 14 at 1:43

Don- That is really strange. I have never seen a June Fever that light. Does it have shiny leaves? June Fever is a sport of Devon Green, and Remember Me is a sport of June, slightly different leaf shapes, and one is shiny one isn't.

-Babka

o

Thanks for the pic Don, my Remember Me looks just like yours although mine is not in full sun.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here