Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
josephines67

H. 'Revolution'

This one is one of my faves, if not THE fave, simply because it seems virtually invincible...slugs don't bother it, hardly...it looks good all season, right to the end. Pic taken minutes ago.

AND, it keeps producing more leaves which is fabulous because you see more than green and white....check out the lovely ivory/cream of newer leaves....if that's not enough, look at that gorgeous colour of the flower buds!!!!

Please post your Rev's and how you like it...and how old it is. Thank you.
Jo.

Comments (10)

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    Original Author
    10 years ago

First pic ... Hosta is 3 years old....light coloured flower scape....so pretty.

• User
    10 years ago

Revolution is a beauty....which I do not have. I was pleased to note that I have two of Revolution's sports.

One is American Hero. PPAF.
    The other is Color Revolt, which the MYHOSTAS.BE says:
    "This attractive sport of 'Revolution' exhibits very dark green leaves with a medium green center. It's simply exquisite in deep shade! Quite vigorous and gets larger than 'Revolution'. Tetraploid- strong stems and thick leaves. (Don has never seen a slug hole in the leaves.)
    By the way, the flowers on this one are awesome- an abundance of dark purple blooms held a foot above the foliage on nice, strong scapes. "

And its photo taken in June. Registered 2010 by Don Rawson. One of my treasures:

• squirejohn zone4 VT
    10 years ago

I saw this Revolution sporting at von Trapp Greenhouse. I liked the solid dark green color of the sport and asked if they would divide a piece out for me. They were happy to oblige.

• coll_123
    10 years ago

Jo, that is a beautiful picture of Revolution with it's flowers. I just bought this one this year. I love the speckled leaves.

• MadPlanter1 zone 5
    10 years ago

I have both Revolution and look-alike Clifford's Comet. CC has been in the garden a lot longer, and seems to be more stable than Revolution. It's put out a few green eyes, but everyone I know with a mature Revolution says it's constantly sporting green eyes. CC has a wider dark green edge than Revolution, otherwise they look like twins. The photo is Clifford's Comet.

The green sport is pretty. Bet it's tough, too. I saved a green sport of Clifford's Stingray, and it never needs extra water.

• timhensley
    10 years ago

Here is a streaked revolution that I found at a local nursery last year. I 'be had Revolution for about 10 years and it is finally putting out an all green eye. I hope it's the only one. But from what I've heard it likely continue.

{{!gwi}}

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    10 years ago

Other than removing green sports on a regular basis, I do like plant.

tj

• newhostaaddict
    10 years ago

soo,,,,does the plain dark green sport have a name ??

or do we just call it "Green Revolution" ??

I actually really like this plant....very dark and a very good grower

jill

• hosta_freak
    10 years ago

Mine reverted completely to Green Revolution,and that's the way it is now. I haven't seen another 'normal' one to replace it,so I will just live with it. Phil

• Pieter zone 7/8 B.C.
    10 years ago

soo,,,,does the plain dark green sport have a name ??
    or do we just call it "Green Revolution" ??

Matter of fact, that's what I've been calling mine for the past few years, and because it is not a cultivar in and of itself in the trade but only exists under a garden name, the name should be put in double quotation marks, like you correctly did!

My experience is like yours, a great grower and quite the looker in its own right. I'm rather fond of it and it's proven to be a fairly good seller for me in my yard sales.
    Pieter