Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden Critters

Posted by jennaj_z4mn 4 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 14, 14 at 14:27

As much as I love taking pictures of my hostas, I also love taking pictures of the critters that take shelter in them. I think I counted 10 tree frogs on my Sum of All (that is also sporting/reverting). We have a TON of tree frogs this year!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden Critters

Here's a close-up! (why is it sideways...grrr)

o

I love toads too! Feel free to share your critter-pics!!

This post was edited by jennaj_z4mn on Mon, Jul 14, 14 at 14:47

o

Defenders of the hosta. Great pix.

tj

o

Seeing so many tree frogs on your hosta puts it in perspective as to how small they are. Cuties!

I showed my rat on a hosta earlier, but here's a critter of sorts, an insect critter. It's not on a hosta, but there is one nearby. ;-)

Here's a lady beetle (ladybug, as we call them) doing a balancing act on some Coreopsis, Zagreb.

photo DSC02701_zpsa8693f14.jpg

photo DSC02703_zpsc655fc36.jpg

o

They are adorable! I've never seen those where I live (southwestern Ontario - I wonder if we even have them here...will have to look it up). But we have an abundance of toads this year, I'm tripping over them constantly in the garden! That's probably why the hostas are less holey this season too - toads love slugs!

Here's one of my critters - I call this TOAD SANDWICH!

o

Oh, I LOVE these photos! Great shots, everyone. Jenn, your tiny tree frogs are wonderful!

o

A Hummingbird Moth darts in for a quick shot of Iris "whiskey."

o

I love tree frogs AND I also have a Sum of All ! Unfortunately I think the frog population is down here.. I know my neighbor hates them.. and kills them... They are too loud for him.....

Of course he finds his Pitbull to be a great animal to have around .....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here