Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mini hosta flowers..

Posted by hagar23 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 18, 14 at 15:27

One of my mini hosta is blooming... I think the bees are disappointed because it is so small but I like it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mini hosta flowers..

What a cutie. What is the name of the hosta? Is that venusta?

o

Mmmm.....Leinenkugel's -- Yummy!!

Don B.

o

I don't know the name but is sure could be venusta. I have recently started labeling my hosts.

And Yes Don B, Lein
enkugel's is the best summer drink. :)

o

Hagar, that is a great purple color. I enjoy the deep purples on some of my hosta, but my venusta hasn't put on a show like yours is doing now.

This bowl has a couple mini/smalls in bloom with purple flowers, one being venusta.
Begin with the gold: H. 'Atom Smasher' - 'Munchkin' - venusta - 'Ruffian' with 'Maya Tritone' nearby

If you want knockout purple scapes, get a couple of Purple Lady Fingers! It is not in bloom yet, so here is a last year photo to show what I mean. PLF is a small I think.
Aug 2013
IMG_20130812_144806
2012 closer image
Hosta12Aug350

They do not open, thus "fingers"

And Purple Passion is in the small category with purple blooms too. It also makes red scapes and red seedpods
DSCN0545
DSCN0602

My venusta bloomed in June early, and the color was not terribly purple., as shown in this photo from 2013.
Garden13Jun0640

o

• Posted by Babka 9b NorCal (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 19, 14 at 14:09

The blue matches the blue label on the bottle! Now that certainly beats a ruler or pen as a form of measurement. ;-)
-Babka

o

• Posted by Babka 9b NorCal (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 19, 14 at 16:39

They look purple on my tablet and blue on a Chromebook! Go figger! Great photo either way.

-Babka

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here